Donor
Local time
6:24 PM
Mar 13, 2018
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
Currently running pg on a 1tb hdd with all apps sonar and radar sab on the same drive. On those rare nights where I have multiple users accessing while I’m downloading, the responsiveness of everything might get a little slow especially opening up radarr. I have a 1tb ssd laying around doing nothing I was thinking of adding it to my machine and use the built in 2nd drive option for processing in pg.

Can any one explain what would be the best use and setup. Would a second ssd actually help speed things up?

Should pg be installed on the hdd or ssd?

which drive is should be doing the processing?

Also please clarify when the second drive is doing processing does that mean the apps are still installed on the main drive ?

spediegun

Original poster
Donor
Local time
6:24 PM
Mar 13, 2018
So if I did still want to utilize the hdd..... would the most efficient configuration be installing m pg blitz and all docker containers on ssd along with sab incomplete folder then the complete folder would be on the hdd along with the mnt folder ?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Local time
11:24 PM
Jan 20, 2018
If you want efficient, don’t use the HD. I perhaps could see the point if the HD was bigger than the SSD, but it isn’t and your SSD will handle everything and be massively quicker.

Reactions: spediegun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.