Discussion - A way to increase speed to TDrives | PlexGuide.com

Discussion A way to increase speed to TDrives

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

bdunn

Citizen+
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Just thought I would mention that another way to speed transfers to TDrive is by using another project at the same time. Just thought I would mention that. Probably everyone already knows that.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
are you saying to use multiple projects and service accounts? :D

bdunn

Citizen+
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah... I've been just screwing around with it and discovered that no matter how many service accounts I have linked over to TDrive it will eventually slow down. So I just add another project and more service accounts and apparently I can do that indefinitely. I am not using free credits or anything here as I have a ton of long term resources on my account at Google. So I've just been experimenting (jacking around).

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
I have not noticed this. I have had 24 service accounts setup on two gcloud servers to do a team drive to team drive clone. It would rotate through the accounts after limits are hit, 12 accounts on each server. I had a consistent 2.5 gigabit transfer on both servers for 2 weeks.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ya i forgot your were the speed queen :D

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
Oh nice. Thats pretty impressive

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
Btw idea for a pgblitz feature: ability to easy set up 2 gce servers for copy/clone job as @Somedude did

I'd like to copy @MrDoob 's series hahaha

Reactions: 2 users

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
I asked for this as part of the pgclone update already. The easiest way I see to do it is to be able to set a new project and keys in pgclone, and save the keys in a project folder like all the programs, instead of just one key backup folder and can only have on set of keys like there is currently.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending