NZBGet - ABC.XYZ files not always renaming. Switch to Sabnzbd 3 alpha is only fix? | PlexGuide.com

NZBGet ABC.XYZ files not always renaming. Switch to Sabnzbd 3 alpha is only fix?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Neon

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 25, 2019
Server Type
Dedicated Local
Been having a lot of releases fail to rename properly (mostly season packs of tv shows, with multiple archivces), just getting named abc.xyz.rar etc, and due to the failed rename, they fail to unpack properly. And without renaming automated, it's not possible to do manually. (maybe I could if I knew which program to easily rename based on sfv file?)

One of my indexer's forum had a thread on this problem, and the only suggested fix is switch to the Sabnzbd alpha which handles this new level of obfuscation properly. I'd prefer to stay on NZBGet if I can. Anyone else running into this and have a fix?

Also not even sure how to install that version of Sabnzbd. Just change the docker image it pulls in Portainer?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
You’ve answered your own question. If it’s a new obfuscation that ‘Get doesn’t support yet and SAB does, then unless you pull the latest SAB that supports it, you’ll have to wait, or avoid releases that use it. TBH if you go into the download directory, you’ll find the folder is usually named correctly from what I’ve seen.

Reactions: 1 user
Jun 24, 2020
I've been getting a ton of "Bad" and "failure" in Nzbget lately. I wonder if this is why. What does the error log look like when it can't process one of these abc.xyz files?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
As they extract to abc.xyz.mkv etc. they won't 'fail' as such, they just don't get automatically picked up and renamed from what I can see. I keep meaning to pull a suitable version of SAB to test, but it's not been a massive issue for me... a certain indexer pulling from another and getting releases tagged to screw up my imports is much more annoying *looks at .su*

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending