Ideas - Add Photos and Videos folders | PlexGuide.com

Ideas Add Photos and Videos folders

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

DukeGr

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 24, 2019
Since plex supports photos and videos it would be cool to have a photo and video library hosted in gdrive which you can then see on all of your devices.

S

subse7en

You could do that yourself already, just upload your things to your g/tdrive via the website and make a Plex library that points to that folder.

If you use Google Photos, you may be able to turn on the drive option to show photos in your drive and have Plex point at that.

DukeGr

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 24, 2019
Ok nice but how do i make plex point to those folders in google drive? Doesnt the newly made photos google drive folder need to be mounted as a drive in the system for plex to use it?

That was my original suggestion to have a premade folder for photos so you can just dump stuff in and be able to map the folder in plex. Unless its easier than i think it is.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ok nice but how do i make plex point to those folders in google drive? Doesnt the newly made photos google drive folder need to be mounted as a drive in the system for plex to use it?

That was my original suggestion to have a premade folder for photos so you can just dump stuff in and be able to map the folder in plex. Unless its easier than i think it is.
no this is not ideal. this doesn't serve 99% of users. just pick a folder in your gdrive or tdrive and call it a day. no need to complicate it.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending