Adguard Home | PlexGuide.com

Adguard Home

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

T0bias

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
Hi!

Would it be possible for someone to help me get Adguard Home working in Docker (with treafik and shield)?

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
It's not quite as simple as adding a container. By default it uses 80, 443, 53, and DHCP ports. 80 and 443 are already in use by traefik. I believe ubuntu has a service that listens on 53 by default which would need to be removed. So you would need to add a new IP address to your docker network that is bound to the host, then bind the adguard container to that NIC.

You can allow traefik to proxy 80 and 443 through I believe, but in my case, at least with pihole, without a dedicated IP on the host bound to the container, all the traffic logs showed as coming from the same IP, the hosts, vs the actual clients making the requests. When I provided pihole with a dedicated IP on the host, the audit logs correctly showed the hosts.

T0bias

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for the info.
This seems lika a lot of work....

Would I need a complete new (additional) static IP for my server or would a new network in portioner be enough?

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Thanks for the info.
This seems lika a lot of work....

Would I need a complete new (additional) static IP for my server or would a new network in portioner be enough?
It depends on your setup. Is it a remote box Dedi? Is it on your home lan? Is it a VM or straight host install? Does pg use a nat'd ip or fully routable public ip?

T0bias

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
I‘m having a dedicated hetzner box but I may install a local box soon. I think this will make the installation easier (if I'm looking forward to AdGuard Home). Will it be easier if I‘m installing plexguide on proxmox and AdGuard on a second instance on proxmox?

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I‘m having a dedicated hetzner box but I may install a local box soon. I think this will make the installation easier (if I'm looking forward to AdGuard Home). Will it be easier if I‘m installing plexguide on proxmox and AdGuard on a second instance on proxmox?
If your second instance is on a NAT'd ip network, and the clients you want protected with ad guard are on the same NAT'd ip space it should be doable. If it's on a fully routable and you buy a second ip address, should also be doable. If you only have one ip, you can still do it with some advanced routing/port fwding rules but may run into an issue where as guard thinks all clients are the same client. Depends on how adguard interprets ip headers. And in this mode I don't think dhcp will work unless you configure dhcp helpers and such, but then it starts to get fairly complicated.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending