Discussion - After deploy traefik using cloudflare, apps lost connection with each other | PlexGuide.com

Discussion After deploy traefik using cloudflare, apps lost connection with each other

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

herryzhang2828

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 19, 2020
I had traefik deployed successfully, except bazarr (404 page not found). but all of the other apps works fine

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Just guessing, but sounds like you deployed cloudflare dns entries with proxy ticked, and you have each app addressing one another by their full FQDN name, i.e. sonarr.yourdomain.com. If so, you'll want to change this. The apps should address each other by short name and actual port, i.e. if you have it set to sonarr.yourdomain.com on 8989 without ssl, change it to sonarr on 8989 no SSL. This will use the internal docker network for apps to communicate. Cloudflare proxy only allows port 80 and 443, so it won't allow 8989 through. You could also change it to sonarr.yourdomain.com on port 443 with ssl if you dont have google authentication turned on, but this is not recommended. Your internal traffic would be going out to cloudflare and back in.

herryzhang2828

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 19, 2020
My solution is simple, I uninstall the bazarr docker, and then reinstall it. then I run the traefik again. then the problem gone. So maybe there is something wrong with the bazarr setting. thank you for your notice. @Edrock200
Post automatically merged:

this thing happened because I set a wrong letter in Cloudflare DNS CNAME, maybe it causes the disconnection with each others, when I correct the name and re-run the traefik, it works fine. I also re-install the bazarr app.
I hope someone with the same problem can try this way.

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
The wrong dns entry will do it, and dns changes aren't instant, they take anywhere from a minute to an hour depending on your dns settings and isp. That was most likely the issue.

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
My solution is simple, I uninstall the bazarr docker, and then reinstall it. then I run the traefik again. then the problem gone. So maybe there is something wrong with the bazarr setting. thank you for your notice. @Edrock200

this thing happened because I set a wrong letter in Cloudflare DNS CNAME, maybe it causes the disconnection with each others, when I correct the name and re-run the traefik, it works fine. I also re-install the bazarr app.
I hope someone with the same problem can try this way.
How do you uninstall docker, everything stopped working after a reboot .

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
You shouldnt uninstall docker, he was saying remove the bazarr docker container. Run sudo pg and rerun setup
Ok

You shouldnt uninstall docker, he was saying remove the bazarr docker container. Run sudo pg and rerun setup
I ran sudo pg, then I try to set my top domain to portianer and I am unable to and get a message that "app must be Actively Running!" I also tried Portainer with a capital P .

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Ok

I ran sudo pg, then I try to set my top domain to portianer and I am unable to and get a message that "app must be Actively Running!" I also tried Portainer with a capital P .
Does your current instance have any data you need to keep? If not do sudo pg, then i think option 9 or 10, pg tools or pg options. In their should be a install troubleshoot option, then reset installation. Then sudo pg again

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Does your current instance have any data you need to keep? If not do sudo pg, then i think option 9 or 10, pg tools or pg options. In their should be a install troubleshoot option, then reset installation. Then sudo pg again
Yes, all the database info for the configurations for all my apps, all the added indexes, all the data that transferred to google gdrive, well at least the pointers etc.

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
What exactly did you do before everything stopped working?
my guess is that I had a ton of stuff downloading, then I stopped both radar and sonar, then I did a reboot -h . Then I reinstalled portainer, but portainer never shows up.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Is portainer running? Try sudo docker container ls
And see if portainer is in the list. If so try sudo docker start portainer traefik oauth
Then see if it works

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Is portainer running? Try sudo docker container ls
And see if portainer is in the list. If so try sudo docker start portainer traefik oauth
Then see if it works
This is what I got:

f2dde93e1053 linuxserver/nzbget "/init" 9 days ago Up 12 minutes 127.0.0.1:6789->6789/tcp nzbget
9d00f6d0f413 containrrr/watchtower "/watchtower --clean…" 2 weeks ago Up 12 minutes 8080/tcp watchtower

Tried to re-install portainer, unsuccessful, see error below.

TASK [Deploying portainer] *****************************************************
Sunday 12 July 2020 06:19:35 +0200 (0:00:00.026) 0:01:44.031 ***********
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Error creating container: UnixHTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=None): Read timed out. (read timeout=60)"}

Last edited:

herryzhang2828

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 19, 2020
How do you uninstall docker, everything stopped working after a reboot .
use plexguide function, then 5 ==> PG Box : Apps ~ Core, Community & Removal, then you can choose uninstall which apps and then reinstall it. sorry, I am not usually visit this website, so I may not notice the replay timely

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Got a tip from mr doob on something to try.
Code:
cd ~/
wget https://github.com/doob187/test/blob/master/dockerinstall.sh
sudo chmod +x dockerinstall.sh
sudo ./dockerinstall.sh

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
ok - I will give it a shot.

Got a tip from mr doob on something to try.
Code:
cd ~/
wget https://github.com/doob187/test/blob/master/dockerinstall.sh
sudo chmod +x dockerinstall.sh
sudo ./dockerinstall.sh
[email protected]:~$ cd ~/
[email protected]:~$ wget https://github.com/doob187/test/blob/master/dockerinstall.sh
--2020-07-12 18:01:34-- https://github.com/doob187/test/blob/master/dockerinstall.sh
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 140.82.118.3
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|140.82.118.3|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘dockerinstall.sh’

dockerinstall.sh [ <=> ] 86.07K --.-KB/s in 0.06s

2020-07-12 18:01:35 (1.35 MB/s) - ‘dockerinstall.sh’ saved [88131]

[email protected]:~$ sudo chmod +x dockerinstall.sh
[email protected]:~$
[email protected]:~$ sudo ./dockerinstall.sh
./dockerinstall.sh: 7: ./dockerinstall.sh: Syntax error: newline unexpected
[email protected]:~$ sudo ./dockerinstall.sh
./dockerinstall.sh: 7: ./dockerinstall.sh: Syntax error: newline unexpected
[email protected]:~$

Another thing to note, is that everything is running real slow, like I have all my apps running in the background so even doing a sudo pg, takes about 20 seconds to execute.

It is all strange, after making the drivers available for my hetzner dedi server to take advantage of hardware acceleration. Then rebooted and lost portainer as the top levevel domain, this got me into this mess. I didn't do anything out of bounds according to getting my video drivers on the box.

try to set portainer at the top level and I get, The app must be running.

try to set portainer at the top level and I get, The app must be running. Then I am going to go to pb box and add/remove core apps.

Remove core apps = no option to remove so I choose portainer and the “A” for install.

Stalling at deploying portainer

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Error creating container: UnixHTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=None): Read timed out. (read timeout=60)"}

to retry, use: --limit @/opt/coreapps/apps/portainer.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************

127.0.0.1 : ok=33 changed=16 unreachable=0 failed=1

Next, since portainer is the issue and I don't know what I am doing, I said hey, let me remove pgsheild from portainer.

All went good until it didn't

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Error stopping container f2dde93e1053647ef71d61a0501a81c189fd412213e734f9bdffe94031ec103a: UnixHTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=None): Read timed out. (read timeout=70)"}

ok, so I think at this point I am going to cut my losses and do everything over.

1.) I have all my apps set up, is there any way I could copy and move all my configs for my apps etc, then restore them, or is this a messy way?
2.) I have tons of data sitting on my Gdrive, should I just go in there and delete it all or is there a way to add all my shows etc and have the system recognize that it does not have to download everything again but rather just update the database?
3.) all my cnames and dns records, do I have to change anything there? I don't think so because I deployed everything before.
4.) Should I use other than 8.7.5, does anyone suggest that I should be using a higher version?

Also, when I run top, I get the following, it looks like all the apps are running in the background, could they still be pulling in data ?
1594574518202.png

another thing I noted is that I am at 1.7 of 1.8 TB on the local box, so that may be an issue to because everything is messed up and cannot transfer to gdrive.

Another thing that popped into my head, could it be that I only have limited space since I am using 1.7 of 1.8 therefore it cannot create containers,?

I am screwwwwwed! :| jk

Thank you.

killed the pid's for NZBget and anything taking resources, Removed portshield from portainer, went back in to Traefik and I was now able to set portainer at the top level domain app.

now going to add portsheild back to portainer , choose 3 protect / unprotect pg apps. Then choose option 3 "Reset & Enable PGShield for all apps" .

now chose the option to redeploy , waiting.

Checking Traefik and making sure portainer is still at the top. = yes it is at the top.

Deploying Traefik, waiting please work! :"\

Worked, ok!!! WOW!!!! love this project, even a noob like me can figure out his own problems. Although not to clear but here are my thoughts.

1.) updated my hetzner dedi server so that the video drivers can be seen to hopefully enable hardware acceleration in EMBY. before ran sudo apt-update
2.)All of a sudden (after I didn't know why my downloads stopped or at least slowed down. pgui also said something about rclone not able to bla bal FORGOT)
3.) Then I went to both the gui in sonarr and radarr and shutdown the services. I didn't realize my space was low to :( .
4.) I think what basically happened is the portainer container got curropt due to the fact that I did do a reboot via "reboot -h " command while things are working.
5.) I remember docker complaining about a container not having a port or at least the port was not specified.
6.) Checked docker, it was fine, checked webid etc., all good.
7.) Removed pgsheild from portainer.
8.) was now able to set portainer as top level
9.) added pgsheild back to portainer
10.) Re-deployed Traefik ============== Deployed !!!
11.) Got Oath challenge Yay!!!!!
12.) So far so good now able to logoin to Radarr!

Thank you for this awesome project! Also, another thing I take away from this experience, do not deploy your Traefik until you are 1000% sure you have all setting correct.

adding a note, nzbget was not able to communicate from Radarr, DNS issue, What I did was just reinstall the app using option 5 PG Box, that's it, back to the races.

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Glad to hear you are back up and running. I suspect drive space played more of a role than anything. Regarding your backup/restore question, yes, do sudo pg then option 7 vault. From there you can backup and restore your apps as needed. When you install each app it should ask you if you want to set a backup cron schedule. If you said yes, these backups occur automatically to your g drive in a folder called plexguide off the root of your gdrive.

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Glad to hear you are back up and running. I suspect drive space played more of a role than anything. Regarding your backup/restore question, yes, do sudo pg then option 7 vault. From there you can backup and restore your apps as needed. When you install each app it should ask you if you want to set a backup cron schedule. If you said yes, these backups occur automatically to your g drive in a folder called plexguide off the root of your gdrive.
Thank you, the space issue, yes I believe your right.

Thank you, I am going to start those backups.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Thank you, the space issue, yes I believe your right.

Thank you, I am going to start those backups.
Just note, the backup tool needs some free space locally for backups to complete successfully as it backups up each container to a local tar file, then moves it to gdrive, moves to next container, etc.

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
ok, well hetzner offers a backup box but I have never purchased one; have your purchased the back box (which is just space on a separate lund I think.)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending