All of a sudden Jackett isn't working...

noname

Original poster
Local time
7:14 PM
Jan 18, 2019
I've been running PG for sometime now, and really haven't messed with it much since setting it up. All of a sudden I notice things aren't operating as smoothly as they used to. Come to find out that jackett just isn't working.

Looked at portainer and the container was stopped. Tried to start it again and got an error stating "Bind for 127.0.0.1:9117 failed: port is already allocated" and I had hell resolving this part of it. Tried reinstalling using plexguide and it would fail there too because of port allocation issues. Round and round I went and eventually I had to kill the service on the port (I'm running it on Ubuntu 18.04 btw) and then I was able to properly install it again via pgblitz and it started correctly according to portainer but I cannot get to the page. I try to surf to 127.0.0.1:9117 and "Host cannot be found". I'm def not an expert in this arena and would appreciate some help, not sure where to look next.

Cheers!

Grawl

Donor
Local time
4:14 AM
Jan 1, 2019
When you say "surf to 127.0.0.1", do you mean you're actually trying to reach that ip-address with your own browser? That's not going to work, because 127.0.0.1 is always localhost (something another machine can't access). You'll have to use the external IP address of your server, or the domain you're using.

If your server can't access that address, maybe see if you're actually using https instead of http.

noname

Original poster
Local time
7:14 PM
Jan 18, 2019
I apologize if this was not clear but I don't see where I said I was trying to access this from another machine. I am on the machine, hence the local host. Everything I described is me working on the local machine. Thoughts?

timetrex

Staff
Local time
3:14 AM
Oct 22, 2018
Belfast
i have seen jackett and some other apps, occasionally stop for no reason. Either restart server or
systemctl restart docker
docker start jackett

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending