Almost there, but move not working

gangsgerlyrical

Original poster
Local time
8:32 PM
Nov 30, 2019
Hey there,

For the past few years have been rolling my own docker based server with nginx reverse proxy, rclone encrypted GD, etc... Needed to spin up a new server and came across PG so I figured I would give it a shot. To be honest it's been a bit of a catch-22... I think there's value in all of the integrated pieces but I'm used to owning all the little details and with PG there is so much going on behind the scenes that it's taking a while to figure out what's going on under the hood...

Now to my question. I'm using 8.7.5... I set up Jackett, Sonarr and rutorrent. everything is working with the exception of the automated move scripts to gcrypt. According to the Move wiki, downloads should end up in /mnt/downloads/rutorrent/"category" (in sonarr's case, category being "tv"). Currently the downloaded filed are ending up in /mnt/downloads/rutorrent with no category as part of the path. I've reviewed the move script and believe this is why nothing it getting moved (b/c the rutorrent directory is excluded). As a test I manually created the /mnt/downloads/tv directory and copied one of the files from /mnt/downloads/rutorrent to it. The move script picked it up and performed as expected...

So it's really a simple question... How does rutorrent know to download including the category as part of the path? I've consulted the rutorrent wiki page where I see "Starting with v8.1, plexguide will autoconfigure the paths, categories, and some essential settings by default.". In case that statement doesn't cover it, I went through the rest of the wiki page looking for clues... I see an option under Unpack to add the label to the path when unpacking but the screen shot in the wiki does not show it selected. I don't think it would make sense to add "tv" to the end of the download path since that would pigeon hole things once I add radarr later.

Is there a config in rutorrent that I'm missing, or are there scripts at play under the hood that aren't performing as expected?

Thanks!

gl

gadgethome

Donor
Local time
3:32 AM
Dec 28, 2018
Are you using the remote mapping settings?

gangsgerlyrical

Original poster
Local time
8:32 PM
Nov 30, 2019
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction... I went back through and confirmed that all of my Sonarr settings looked good until finally checking the path that I originally gave for the first download (the Library path). I had accidentally entered /mnt/unionfs/rtorrent... Changed to /mnt/unionfs/tv and I think things are good now.

Reactions: gadgethome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.