Altering the image in container.yml | PlexGuide.com

Altering the image in container.yml

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Methoxy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
Right now I'm running a custom container, with much headache. I was curious if I can just swap out the image path..

ie.

replace this:
image: 'linuxserver/rutorrent'

with:
image: 'horjulf/rutorrent-autodl'

The latter image is basically just the "linuxserver/rutorrent" image bundled with the autodl irssi plugin.

I had the 'horjulf/rutorrent-autodl' image working well until I updated to 8.3.6. I was running as pgrole "ruta".

I'm just wondering if I alter the image location, will it be overwritten at anypoint during updates/redeploys?

S

subse7en

Deploy rutorrent from core and you should see an option to choose your image

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

Methoxy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
Slight problem.. when I add new torrent downloads, they get stuck in a "pausing" state

Methoxy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
Ok that appears to be a glitch of some sort.

Something else I've noticed..

Max upload slots changes back to 15 randomly, after I had set it to -1
Autotools doesn't appear to be working..

Everything is dumped into /mnt/data/downloads/rutorrent
Instead of /mnt/data/downloads/rutorrent/completed/*Label*Name*/

And if I edit "default download location" under the downloads tab to..
/mnt/data/downloads/rutorrent/downloading
it reverts to..
/mnt/data/downloads/rutorrent

S

subse7en

Please don't change the download directories or you will break things. it autoconfigures the correct paths.

The behavior you experience is rtorrent. You have to edit the rtorrent.rc file in appdata for things to stick between app restarts.

I don't know what autotools is, is that a thing in your image or on the linuxserver image?
You may need to edit the plugins.ini file inside appdata to enable it.

Methoxy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
ok, I just wish I could further organize my downloads by the torrent tracker.

I usually, prior to Plexguide, would have a label for each tracker and the completed downloads would go into that respective folder.

Autotools is the part of rutorrent (im guessing that its not a plugin but who knows lol) that assigns a label and moves completed downloads into the folder of the name *label*

the problem for me is that I download alot of other music and content (live dj mixes, mma instructionals, and other niche things that don't necessarily fit in the alotted folder structure.)

I pretty much run sonarr, radarr, and lidarr solely off of nzbget though.

S

subse7en

Your organization is pointless in PG. You're files are picked up by sonarr/radarr/lidarr it doesn't matter how they are organized because they are moved and uploaded. As soon as downloads are completed, 99% of the time they are moved out. For torrents, they are copied.

You can still do your labels, but don't do that "completed" folder...downloads are complete. We use /mnt/incomplete for in progress downloads.

Reactions: 1 user

Methoxy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
So if I had in my /mnt/data/downloads/rutorrent directory

abooks
ebooks
music
tv
movies
*any other dir*

the "other dir" will be ok or not? not worried about syncing this dir with lidarr, radarr, or sonarr

S

subse7en

Is /mnt/data your 2nd processing drive path?

If so yes. If not, it needs to be /mnt/downloads/rutorrent/category

If you want something ignored from being able to be moved from downloads, put it inside a folder called ignore or add ignore to the foldername.

klimbo123

Citizen
Feb 5, 2019
hello
Your association is trivial in PG. You're records are gotten by sonarr/radarr/lidarr it doesn't make a difference how they are sorted out in light of the fact that they are moved and transferred. When downloads are finished, 99% of the time they are moved out. For deluges, they are Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate replicated.

Last edited:

Methoxy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
hello
Your association is trivial in PG. You're records are gotten by sonarr/radarr/lidarr it doesn't make a difference how they are sorted out in light of the fact that they are moved and transferred. When downloads are finished, 99% of the time they are moved out. For deluges, they are replicated.
Ok dude. Just keep pretending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending