Amount of storage in Gdrive | PlexGuide.com

Amount of storage in Gdrive

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
One thing is for sure with storage capacities. No matter how much you have today, it will not be enough tomorrow. ;) All jokes aside, it's not a good aidea to publish information that could possibly you a target.
One more thing. Have ever wondered about who the owner is, of all the data you have stored on Gdrive?

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
I use a Google Team Drive with unlimited storage.
Would be nice if it were true, but nothing is really unlimited in real life. There is always some limit. Now whether this limit is of actual consequence for a specific user, that is if it exceeds the needs of a specific user is another thing!

lunawar

Citizen+
Jul 2, 2020
I more concerned about retention and takedowns. I wonder how fast Google usually take actions against uploaders of illegal content.

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
I more concerned about retention and takedowns. I wonder how fast Google usually take actions against uploaders of illegal content.
Have no experience with take-downs. Sorry. If I were to guess though I would say that they would be very fast with take-downs. This is however just a guess, as I have said before...

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
Gdrive is unlimited
Tdrive to 400k limited

Server side from Tdrive to Gdrive and you never hit the 400k limit

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
Gdrive is unlimited
Tdrive to 400k limited

Server side from Tdrive to Gdrive and you never hit the 400k limit
Yes, that's the theory. In reality, all data centers have a certain storage capacity. It's impossible to give billions PBs of data storage to all users for example. So nothing is really unlimited. There is always a limit. Most users will never need "billions PBs of data storage", so they are covered by the offered storage quantity. So if the offered storage capacity exceeds their needs for storage capacity, then there is no limit for them, so you could call it unlimited storage capacity. But that's just a marketing title... The reality is that there is always a limit to anything you can think of.

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
I have aprox. 70 TB of Data
That's good for you, but you are missing the point. Let's say everybody has 1 PB of data and we all store it on Gdrive. Will Gdrive be able to store all that data (7 billion people storing 1PB of data each)?

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
Actually used space
830 TB on Gdrive
130 TB on Shared-Drive A
189 TB on Shared-Drive B
144 YB on Shared-Drive C

So I hit the 1 PB

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
Actually used space
830 TB on Gdrive
130 TB on Shared-Drive A
189 TB on Shared-Drive B
144 YB on Shared-Drive C

So I hit the 1 PB
OK, but does everybody else have that much data on Gdrive? And if they did, would Gdrive be able to store that much data? What if everybody would just start storing all their data on Gdrive without ever deleting a single file? How long would it take for the available Gdrive storage to run out?

The fact that one single user may abuse the available "unlimited" storage would not create a problem with Gdrive. However, what would happen if we all did his? What would happen is that Gdrive would start setting limits to the available storage for all users, as they would not be able to handle such a large data volume growth.

All resources on this planet are limited. The fact that some of us are not limited by any limits when using them, does not mean that there are infinite resources to go around with....

QPro

Active
Aug 17, 2019
@thefireman, you are on a forum that is specifically tailored to individuals (ab)using Google's services to store massive media libraries. Of course responses will be biased in such a sample.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending