Discussion - Any plans to migrate to Traefik >= 2.1? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Any plans to migrate to Traefik >= 2.1?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

LoudSoftware

Noobz
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
There are some big changes introduced in traefik 2.0 and above that I would love to use to fix some things when routing traffic for minecraft and ESXi VMRC connections.

Just wondering if there were any plans on moving all the configuration files to work with 2.0 and above.

bodgeup

Experienced
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
Just out interest what features in 2.0 + are you interested in using?? 1.7 works perfectly fine for what PlexGuide requires, 2.0 yeah would be lovely to use but that's down to the Devs (that can code unlike myself (I attempted this upgrade for rls but failed miserably)) In terms of what PG needs there's not really much benefit between 1.7 & 2.0 If your a coder then take look at this repo https://github.com/thomseddon/traefik-forward-auth V2 of that is exactly what is needed to get Traefik 2.0 + running alongside PGShield, 1.7 im sure was borrowed from V1 or Thomseddons rls so all thats needed to upgrade Plexguide to Traefik V2.0 + is for someone to work out how to implement Thomseddons V2 of that exact rls!

Anyway hope that helps lol,

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
From the occasional expression of frustration I see from those involved, I can say it’s being worked on for PGX :)

bodgeup

Experienced
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
From the occasional expression of frustration I see from those involved, I can say it’s being worked on for PGX :)
LOL as i mentioned for what PGX uses Traefik for 1.7 is fine, but if a coder has some time then just borrow that thomseddon's traefik-forward-auth app v2. From my brief time playing with PG 8 Traefik 1.7 im fairly certain its just thomseddon v1 traefik-forward-auth modded lol. Im probably going to have a play with the new PGX personal app stuff to see if its possible to deploy thomseddon/traefik-forward-auth:v2 there........

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending