Local time
3:16 PM
May 8, 2018
PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Hey everyone, I have a conundrum I've been battling for awhile that I'd like another opinion on. I have an extremely large library. Over 300 TB on Google Team Drive. I'm running an Rclone mount, the config below. Most days I've been getting Google API errors towards the end of the day, here's an example:

Code:
ERROR : TV Shows/Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!/Season 1/Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! - S01E16 - A Night Of Fright Is No Delight Bluray-1080p.mp4: ReadFileHandle.Read error: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded
It resets every day at around 10:50 AM CDT. I don't think this is a typical API ban, as I've upped my api hits per 100 seconds per user to 5k. I'm running Sonarr, Sonarr 4K, Radarr, Radarr 4K, Bazarr, Bazarr 4K, Lazy Librarian, Mylar, Nextcloud and Plex. I normally run Lidarr as well, but haven't for awhile while working on this issue. I've turned off timed scans in Plex, and use the push services in Sonarr, Radarr, etc to update the Plex library. Here's a screen grab of my Plex Server Library configuration:

1569851706635.png

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Rclone Tdrive
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Type=notify
User=1000
Group=999
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount tdrive: /mnt/tdrive \
   --config /opt/mounts/rclone.conf \
   --uid=1000 \
   --gid=999 \
   --allow-other \
   --allow-non-empty \
   --dir-cache-time=36h \
   --drive-chunk-size=32M \
   --fast-list \
   --stats=1m \
   --stats-log-level=INFO \
   --umask 002 \
   --log-file=/opt/mounts/logs/tdrive.log \
   --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=off \
   --vfs-cache-mode=writes \
   --vfs-cache-max-age=3h \
   --user-agent=2ZCrRi2CKFvz9GQQ \
   --cache-dir=/opt/mounts/.cache/ \
   --rc \
   -v

ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /mnt/tdrive > /dev/null
Restart=on-failure
TimeoutStopSec=60
KillMode=process

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Has anyone else run into a similar issue, and if so, did you find a solution?

placid09

Original poster
Donor
Local time
May 8, 2018
I should add that when the errors start, it makes all files on the remote unreadable until the reset time.

Seer

Donor
Local time
8:16 AM
Oct 5, 2019
I had a similar issue when I did a similar thing via my own fuse system. Turned out that when you access a file on Google drive it counts as downloading the whole file even if you are only downloading a few 4kb of the file used in a Plex scan.

For me it happened when Plex db got damaged and it needed to rescan all the Media's meta data. At the time it forced me to go back to running my own storage server. That was 5+ years ago but basically that expect error was what I got.

redlineryan

Local time
1:16 PM
Feb 25, 2018
I would turn off Plex partial changes scannning. Let Sonarr and Radarr call scans and do a daily library update once per day when you sleep.

placid09

Original poster
Donor
Local time
May 8, 2018
Just wanted to update that since I initially posted, I updated to the latest version of rclone and everything seems very stable now without further errors. Thanks for everyone's input!

Reactions: Cthe1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.