Anyone figure out Xteve yet?

UncleBuck

Staff
Local time
1:27 AM
Dec 21, 2018
Houston, TX
@friedrice Did you restart Plex after adding the DVR to it? This is a necessary step.

I got this working finally with a couple of small issues still present. BTW, for anyone interested IPtorrents offers IPTV service to all VIP members. Below are the steps I took to get IPTV working via xteve. Not sure if the xtevecustom was neccessary or not so if you use xteve from the community apps then you can replace xtevecustom with xteve in the urls.

1. Installed the xteve-custom yml file as outlined by the OP.
2. Loaded the M3U file from my IPTV Provider into https://xtream-editor.com/. This is a paid service for around $18 a year but allows you to edit your m3u. You can remove unwanted channels, place them into custom groups, make a custom channel order and assign xmltv data to each channel. It then provides you a custom M3u and XMTL file to use in xteve.
3. Installed Firefox from the community apps. Launched firefox.mydomain.tld in my browser and navigated to http://xtevecustom:34400/web within firefox.
4. I added the m3u url from xtream to xteve
5. I added the epg url from xtream to xteve
6. In xteve I assigned each channel to the xmltv file which automatically found the correct channel info for most of the channels
7. In Plex I added xteve as a DVR by pointing plex to xtevecustom:34400
8. I confirmed the files did scan and all were listed
9. I told plex to use a custom xmltv file and pointed it to http://xtevecustom:34400/xmltv/xteve.xml
10. I waited for Plex to refresh the guide and then restarted Plex.
11. Tested and able to stream my IPTV.

Some notes:

1. IPtorrents says you get one feed with the IP address being released after 10 minutes so a stream from a new IP can be used. In testing I found that not to be true with this setup. I was able to use 3 streams at once from multiple public IP addresses. I assume that plex is acting as a proxy so all streams seem to be coming from the same IP.
2. I did load the sports packages, NFL, MLB and NHL. These don't work so great with Plex as they don't seem to update the feed from week to week. I am still experimenting though.

mackattack57

Local time
2:27 AM
Apr 14, 2019
This works great for me initially and decides to stop working after a few hours and show up as not found. I have restarted the plex container in portainer. I have restarted xteve custom and plex in portainer. I have restarted the whole box. Any ideas?

Another post talked about chmod a directory. I asked for a bit more info to understand. Did you have to do something similar. I am using the ipTorrents service as well.

friedrice

Donor
Local time
6:27 PM
Jul 24, 2019
@friedrice Did you restart Plex after adding the DVR to it? This is a necessary step.

I got this working finally with a couple of small issues still present. BTW, for anyone interested IPtorrents offers IPTV service to all VIP members. Below are the steps I took to get IPTV working via xteve. Not sure if the xtevecustom was neccessary or not so if you use xteve from the community apps then you can replace xtevecustom with xteve in the urls.
Hi UncleBuck

Thank you very much for the step by step instructions, that worked perfectly for me!

I'm now using xtevecustom and the same services as you, so it was relatively easy to replicate.

UncleBuck

Staff
Local time
Dec 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I am trying to test some different IPTV services by using a vps. For some reason the xteve-custom.yml isn't able to be installed. I placed it in /opt/mycontainers but it never appears in the community apps of PG. This worked without issue the last time I did it. Anyone have any suggestions?

timmeh

Local time
7:27 AM
Feb 14, 2019
Is a VPN necessary for running xteve? I'm new to IPTV and I've noticed a lot of scaremongering online. Is this reasonable? Are our IP details likely to be compromised?

pakira

Donor
Local time
9:27 AM
May 4, 2018
Not necessary, depends on your provider/IPTV/EPG source restriction.
Post automatically merged:

With the latest built on crobibero/xteve I'm able to use https fully with xteve.

Last edited:
Reactions: timmeh

timmeh

Local time
Feb 14, 2019
Likewise. I’m connected via https://xteve.domain.com and everything works and appears secure through the reverse proxy, so I’m not overly concerned. I guess VPN is used when you connect your TV directly to the m3u.

cablex

Local time
Nov 16, 2019
I have two connections with my iptv, will my friends and family be able to watch live TV or do I need more connections.

timmeh

Local time
Feb 14, 2019
I assume that you will only be allowed 2 streams running concurrently, however I’ve read that some IPTV providers don’t enforce this, so it might be worth giving it a try and see what happens. Just don’t get banned by continually retrying if it doesn’t let you!

Reactions: cablex

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.