Discussion - Anyone maxing out Gigabit uploads? (PG Move) | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Anyone maxing out Gigabit uploads? (PG Move)

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Uy9KC7OP2R2yn6TZVSMP

Active
Original poster
Staff
Mar 2, 2018
Just got Gigabit internet (up and down) and in my tests, a single file will cap at around 200 Mbps. If I try 5 transfers in parallel with rclone (manually), I can hit around ~900-950 Mbps total but not with a single file.

Anyone got tips or tweaks to maximize this with PG Move?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Haha no because if you do that for too long, you’ll hit the upload ban at 750gb in one day. With google GCE, I managed to get 1500 with newshosting and Usenet server

Reactions: 1 user

Uy9KC7OP2R2yn6TZVSMP

Active
Original poster
Staff
Mar 2, 2018
Hehe of course you are right about the upload ban :p

I'm not even planning on uploading tons of stuff, just wanted to go fast :D

More of a "I want to because I can kind of thing"

Reactions: 1 user

timekills

VIP
Staff
Donor
Sep 12, 2018
The rclone data rate defaults to 10MB (~100Mb)/sec. This helps to ensure you never exceed the 750GB daily cap limit.

You can adjust the rclone rate in the setup to something higher which will show improvement in single file upload speeds. However, besides the daily cap rate there is a tendency for GDrive to "bounce" the connection when exceeding (in my experience) ~20MB/sec. I can get it to go higher, but watching the stream it will stop and reset more frequently so not sure it's ultimately faster.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending