Ideas - Anyone successfully managed to resell PGBlitz instances?? | PlexGuide.com

Ideas Anyone successfully managed to resell PGBlitz instances??

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

bodgeup

Experienced
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
I was interested if anyone has successfully monetized PGBlitz instances as a service?? Im thinking of doing it myself but was not sure on the logistics, would i setup the base PGBlitz install and let users do the rest or install apps for the users and not allow other apps?

I know it can be done but anyone got an example i can look at for ideas??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
Not in the way youre doing it. PGblitz is simple enough that if you can't install it yourself you shouldn't try to use the apps. The wiki covers most things even someone without much linux experience can get set up. Also if you want to do a reliable service doing this you will need strong linux skills to be able to support the users and fix issues yourself, especially when they try to change a bunch of stuff and break the server.

Some people do have friends & family pitch in to server costs for plex access, but I am not aware of anyone actually making a profit.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
no this would be a poor idea because the instances wouldn't last long and wouldn't be powerful enough. This is also territory where you could start becoming a target :D

• Skull

mythbuster

Active
Sep 23, 2018
Netflix is doing something similar. Lots of licensing fees, but it could be profitable! ;)

• Haha
  • Roast
Reactions: 3 users

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending