Ideas - Application Suggestion: Funkwhale | PlexGuide.com

Ideas Application Suggestion: Funkwhale

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

titooo7

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
sure i'll check into it :D

Reactions: 1 user

titooo7

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
Thank you. Hopefully it's easy to implement.

It looks like a great app and probably thebonyl reason why it's not more popular is due to the installation being a bit tricky for newbies

titooo7

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
Hi

As far as you can see you are quite busy pushing updates constantly but I wonder if you had a look to Funkhwale.

I tried to get it working on my own but I failed. It would be great to have an airsonic alternative. And funkwhale is also open source but use less resources and has a better UI... :)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

titooo7

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
there documentation sucks: https://hub.docker.com/r/funkwhale/funkwhale/

no info. would need more to work with
If their documentation isn't the best one you can imagine how hard it is for me xD

I have tried several days with different settings but I failed with all of them.

I also tried with this report that someone made to get it working with Traefik but we already have a Traefik container from Plexguide installer and I don't know how to modify the code to get it to use the existing container rather than trying to create another one:
https://github.com/gregoryseibert/funkwhale-docker-traefik/blob/master/README.md

vFlagR

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 27, 2018
There's been a few posts about Funkwhale recently, I've started looking at bringing it in to the community apps repo. No promises yet but I'll post here if I'm able to get it set up and working :)

vFlagR

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help with folks who have used Funkwhale before. I have it set up and working correctly with Traefik but I'm not sure on the correct mount points for the libraries. In what I have at the moment /data/media in the container is being mapped to opt/appdata but this doesn't seem correct as then imports are not stored in Google Drive. Should /Music be where everything is stored or? It's not the most clear thing in the world.

If you'd like to test what I have so far then deploy a custom community repo and use the following details to deploy my branch with funkwhale added:
username: vflagr
branch: funkwhale

Note: After installing you must run the following command to create a local admin account
Code:
docker exec -it funkwhale manage createsuperuser

Last edited:

vFlagR

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 27, 2018
Continuing on from my last post. Everything seems to work as expected at the moment but there is a glaringly obvious (and annoying) problem with how FunkWhale seems to run; it requires you to import your library any time you add new media. If I'm mistaken or there's a way around this I'd be happy to fix the config but from what I can tell this is intended behaviour.

After setting funkwhale up there are 2 important steps, creating a superuser and importing your library for the first time. The steps to complete this can be found here: https://github.com/thetarkus/docker-funkwhale

edit: Here's a long thread discussing the importing that comes with Funkwhale. https://dev.funkwhale.audio/funkwhale/funkwhale/issues/741

If you know about these limitations then feel free to fork my branch and install Funkwhale but I would be hesitant to add this to the community-apps because it doesn't 'behave' quite like other apps in PgBlitz. @Admin9705 any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending