Discussion - AWS Route 53 Support | PlexGuide.com

Discussion AWS Route 53 Support

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

bumperjeep

Noobz
Original poster
Jun 14, 2018
Hi, I have my Domain with Route 53. Any chance you will be supporting this soon?

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
i can do that if it's listed there

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
added; requires plexguide 8.5+

vFlagR

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 27, 2018
Didn't even notice this release, I ended up moving my domain from r53 to cloudflare. May move back.

Nice one!

Edit: while I'm here, admin, since the website change where are the changelogs now? No idea what's changed since 8.5.1 even though I've updated to 8.5.5 lol

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
did it ever work for you?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ya i had to restart for the upgrades for the forum. patched it so i don't have this issue again. the forum is xenforo and wordpress combined. you'll notice https://pgblitz.com/press filling up slowly again.

sumisu-jon

Citizen
Oct 23, 2018
Not working for me.
DNS wildcard host record - check, portainer.mydomain.tld:9000 is working - check.
Tried to deploy with creds of my AWS root (just for a test, not using that normally) - so it's not credentials issue of IAM user.
From DNS (Route53) perspective, it's very straightforward so should work.

In IAM I see that credentials have not been accessed at that time, which means that something breaks before validating credentials.

Any particular logs that I could look into?

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
the thing is i haven't used it. for cloudflare, godaddy, duckdns, and etc; they work. the procedures executes the same. it's something i look into. i refreshed the wiki for traefik and will work on it.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
that does help. will check it.

dathen

Citizen
Nov 13, 2018
Any update to this? Encountering the same issue.
It appears to fail due to the square brackets used for the options:
[7] [AWS_HOSTED_ZONE_ID]
[8] [AWS_REGION]

The error message points to the opening bracket in [AWS_HOSTED_ZONE_ID]

I manually edited provider.yml to remove these and made the file read only to stop plexguide from trying to rewrite the brackets in but this caused the process to fail, apparently due to the file being non-writeable.

Perhaps the issue would be fixed if pg wrote these names into provider.yml without the brackets.

Last edited:

sumisu-jon

Citizen
Oct 23, 2018
Kindly asking for the bugfix that was suggested above, as it appears to be the cause.
I understand that those who have the issue can basically clone and create custom container with the fix and not wait for the update, still, is it possible to fix in the general release?

sumisu-jon

Citizen
Oct 23, 2018
Still waiting for this issue to be addressed. Likely, removing these square brackets from the config that those coming from will solve this.

Seer

Citizen
Donor
Oct 5, 2019
Still waiting for this issue to be addressed. Likely, removing these square brackets from the config that those coming from will solve this.
yea i cam to the same conclusion and am getting the same error. tried changing the config manually but as soon as i deploy it changes the file back.

Seer

Citizen
Donor
Oct 5, 2019
it would be great if there is a way to fix it but i can't work out how. I am also trying to work out if there is a way for me to do it manually or something as my dns hosting is all with route53

sumisu-jon

Citizen
Oct 23, 2018
With little expectation of what seems to be a simple and quick fix - I will try to mention that such an issue is still present.

fattylewis

Citizen
Mar 22, 2018
I know this is an old topic but its the first hit on google when search for "plexguide route53", but i have fixed this in my branch and created a pull request.

If you want this to work while waiting for the PR to get merged, change your traefik deployment "Utilize Traefik - Personal (Forked)" set username to "fattylewis" and version to "v8.6" (Assuming that the version you are using) then that should do it. Works for me.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending