Local time
3:52 AM
Feb 14, 2019
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with backing up GSuite using a service such as backupify or upsafe?
I've looked into it briefly and setup a trial period with Backupify. It alleges that it backsup my team drive but after 25 days of backing up it only states that it is 350mb in total size... seems a little odd. But everything is indexed and browseable so I'm just wondering if anyone's had any experience. Or what other cloud services might be worth using to backup.

TIA,
TIMMEH!

timmeh

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
Feb 14, 2019
OK cool. And I assume that’s with a second G-Suite subscription?
Post automatically merged:

Cool, I've had a read of Folderclone on github. It looks really useful.
I guess I'm considering this backup in terms of keeping my data safe from ransomware (there's a linux-based variant out recently). Everything is on my G-Suite/Team Drive but this is currently my only location for everything. Whilst it feels very secure and safe, if it does get infected then everything on the drive will be infected and then I'd lose everything and have to start from scratch... so a second drive seems like the only sensible option? Or am I missing something?
Post automatically merged:

That would be awesome (y)(y)

Last edited:

sourav

Admin | NASA Hacker
Donor
Local time
9:52 AM
Sep 5, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh
You don't need any 2nd Gsuite Account. Just a team drive or main drive (I haven't tried on main drive) will do the rest. You need any guide about folderclone? I can post a full guide. It can bypass 750GB limit too.

Last edited:

murkr

Respected Member
Donor
Local time
Nov 5, 2018
Be careful, the last 2 times that I tried to back up my drives I was banned both times. Although I did have a 40TB drive at the time, but be careful...

timmeh

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
Feb 14, 2019
That's a bummer. Was that backing up your GDrive, or your own hard drives?

timmeh

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
Feb 14, 2019
Hey man, I don't suppose you'd be able to help - I'm stuck installing folderclone (following this guide: https://github.com/Spazzlo/folderclone) - I have downloaded my credentials and cd'd into that folder. Then I've tried to install multimanager, but I'm getting an error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/multimanager", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/folderclonecli/mmparse.py", line 180, in main
    subparsers = parse.add_subparsers(help='Commands',dest='command',required=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/argparse.py", line 1678, in add_subparsers
    action = parsers_class(option_strings=[], **kwargs)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'required'
Am I using the wrong version of Python? Any advice greatly appreciated.
TIMMEH!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.