Radarr - Bad Gateway Error on Radarr After Reboot | PlexGuide.com

Radarr Bad Gateway Error on Radarr After Reboot

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

lnx-newb

Active
Original poster
Nov 30, 2018
On a fresh deploy of Radarr I can access everything and input all settings, but as soon as I reboot the server from within the Radarr app I get a 503 bad gateway error when I try and access the domain. No idea why, and it has happened through 4 uninstall/reinstall loops.

dra-co

Citizen
Feb 25, 2018
I am also having this error it's shared across all of the radarr editions (radarr, radarrhdr, radarr4k) however sonarr does not suffer from this.

The only fix I have found is not to reboot but this is really not a long term solution as I am missing out on all updates for risk of losing radarr.

nickel01

Citizen+
Feb 6, 2019
I just rebooted for the first time and I'm having the exact same problem: "Bad Gateway" on sonarr, radarr, and tautulli. Nothing in my network configuration has changed since it was working fine before the reboot. One thing worth noting is that I know I am out of diskspace. I was planning to extend the partition, which was why I was rebooting, and then this situation began. I don't think disk space would cause this error but ....

Did anyone find a root cause and way to resolve this?

S

subse7en

If you have absolutely no diskspace then yes it would cause that error and can cause more problems when it tries to write to a full disk.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

subse7en

You guys likely just did a reboot without shutting down the containers first. So you basically forced killed all of your apps when you do that (it doesn't gracefully shutdown and wait). So if your sonarr was writing to disk ( which happens during scans and imports), you likely rebooted in the middle of it doing that and thus probably corrupted your appdata!

sudo docker logs -f sonarr
sudo docker logs -f radarr

should give you a clue why. It may be attempting to repair itself, but doubtful.

Be prepared for restoring that app data from a backup or uninstall and resetup sonarr from scratch. Just be lucky you didn't hose your Plex data

When you need to reboot, shutdown your containers first to prevent this.

nickel01

Citizen+
Feb 6, 2019
You guys likely just did a reboot without shutting down the containers first. So you basically forced killed all of your apps when you do that (it doesn't gracefully shutdown and wait). So if your sonarr was writing to disk ( which happens during scans and imports), you likely rebooted in the middle of it doing that and thus probably corrupted your appdata!

should give you a clue why. It may be attempting to repair itself, but doubtful.

Be prepared for restoring that app data from a backup or uninstall and resetup sonarr from scratch. Just be lucky you didn't hose your Plex data

Thanks - I'll google proper shutdown because you are correct that I did a hard reset. I need to address my diskspace issue first and then I'll check the logs....

....and any pointers you have to not have to reinstall everything to extend the existing HDD (running inside VMWare Workstation using guest Ubuntu 16.04 for all of plexguide apps), would be greatly appreciated. About to start my google research. Extending the drive in VMWare is easy - getting Ubuntu to recognize the extra space is more difficult.

UPDATE: I resolved my issue. Using proper shutdown commands should avoid the problem (I use sudo reboot and sudo shutdown. Is that safe for the containers?). I also resolve the diskspace issue using a great post for those who need to expand a disk of an existing VM: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-add-swap-space-on-ubuntu-16-04

Last edited:

lnx-newb

Active
Original poster
Nov 30, 2018

I've been able to run without rebooting for a couple weeks now, but it must have happened last night at some point since I'm getting the bad gateway error again on Radarr.

Just a note so we're on the same page, this isn't when I reboot my server, it's when Radarr reboots from within the Radarr UI (i.e. System>>Reboot). My server has been running non-stop without a reboot.

peteypy

Active
Feb 21, 2019
I had this problem on Radarr reboot/reload. Tried removing/reinstalling etc. None of that worked. I checked the log as noted above and saw it was suddenly using nzbget port (6789) instead of 7878. Went into /opt/appdata/radarr and the config.xml file changed to 6789. I edited back to 7878 and restarted in portainer. Problem solved. Hope this helps but I'm also wondering why the port would change on reload in the first place?

lnx-newb

Active
Original poster
Nov 30, 2018
Weird. Doesn't seem to be my issue. Radarr is currently down for me (goes down about every 10 days) and I checked the config file, but everything seems correct there.

Code:
<Config>
  <LogLevel>Info</LogLevel>
  <Port>7878</Port>
  <UrlBase></UrlBase>
  <BindAddress>*</BindAddress>
  <SslPort>9898</SslPort>
  <EnableSsl>False</EnableSsl>
  <ApiKey>*****</ApiKey>
  <AuthenticationMethod>None</AuthenticationMethod>
  <Branch>develop</Branch>
  <LaunchBrowser>True</LaunchBrowser>
  <SslCertHash></SslCertHash>
  <UpdateMechanism>BuiltIn</UpdateMechanism>
</Config>

peteypy

Active
Feb 21, 2019
Yeah that it is. Only difference now with my is my authentication is set to 'Forms' but I don't know if that makes a difference if you haven't set that up?

lnx-newb

Active
Original poster
Nov 30, 2018
I've tried 'Forms' but it requires a reboot to save, which kills my access. For now it's not that big of a nuisance to just re-deploy a few times a month. Definitely not worth undoing everything I've already done with all the other apps.

indochild

Active
Mar 13, 2018
I had this problem on Radarr reboot/reload. Tried removing/reinstalling etc. None of that worked. I checked the log as noted above and saw it was suddenly using nzbget port (6789) instead of 7878. Went into /opt/appdata/radarr and the config.xml file changed to 6789. I edited back to 7878 and restarted in portainer. Problem solved. Hope this helps but I'm also wondering why the port would change on reload in the first place?
This just solved my issue. Are you running lastpass by any chance?

lnx-newb

Active
Original poster
Nov 30, 2018
This just solved my issue. Are you running lastpass by any chance?
Now that you mention it, I was using LastPass at the time I was having these issues. I haven't had them in ~1.5 months now, and coincidentally I switched from LastPass to 1Password around the same time. What makes you think it's LastPass?

indochild

Active
Mar 13, 2018
Now that you mention it, I was using LastPass at the time I was having these issues. I haven't had them in ~1.5 months now, and coincidentally I switched from LastPass to 1Password around the same time. What makes you think it's LastPass?
Because I use LastPass too hahaha

LastPass sometimes autofills nzbget’s settings & if you press save it will change your settings. It usually affects username & password for me

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending