NZBGet - Best way to handle removal of Python2 in linuxserver/nzbget | PlexGuide.com

NZBGet Best way to handle removal of Python2 in linuxserver/nzbget

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

mmurder

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Nov 2, 2018
The maintainers of linuxserver/nzbget decided against continued support of the depricated python2.
(See https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nzbget/issues/104 )

Problem is, lots of people have nzbget scripts that depend on python2.

I'm pretty alright at devops. But re-writting scripts in python3 is not my idea of a good time.
Plus I know other people must be facing this issue. So all of us shouldn't go and duplicate each other's work when we could easily share the workload.

How are other people (i.e. you) handling this?

Is there another containerized build out there that does support python2?
Is there a good resource for converting scripts or perhaps a list of updated scripts?

Has anyone started?
Post automatically merged:

For what it's worth, these were the scripts I was using:
Code:
DeleteSamples.py
flatten.py
NZBGet-NZBCleaner.py
ResetDateTime.py
SafeRename.py
unzip.py
ExtendedUnrar.py
NZBGet-FileFixer.sh
rarfile.py
reverse_name.py
TidyIt.py
TidyIt.py is a scheduled script to clear downloads that would otherwise build up due to Radarr/Sonarr imperfectly communicating with nzbget.
That's probably my most important script (since I only have 200GB on disk to work with). If anyone has a working alternative, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

H1f0x

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 1, 2019
Well,

I could offer my help in building an alt. image. Basicaly just copy the Dockerfile from Linuxserver.io and modify it. Done. :)

I checked the scripts regarding some re-writing. Its not to much of a change and can maybe done by the autoconvert tools out there, but i have no time currently for looking into the re-writing part.

Cheers
Post automatically merged:

Hi all,

I started a Git and ported a few scripts already. Please feel free to add more scripts to it. I tested them a clean image and they should work. At least on my end.

Git: https://github.com/h1f0x/nzbget-python3-scripts

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending