BETA torrent + vpn | PlexGuide.com

BETA torrent + vpn

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Zippy

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
Feb 22, 2018
Hello,
I saw the "beta" tab and decided to give it a try. I setup the variable file with my PIA info, and installed rtorrent. I go to my server ip, then port 3000. The page does not load and can't be reached. Is this because it's trying to grab the VPN's IP?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Hello,
I saw the "beta" tab and decided to give it a try. I setup the variable file with my PIA info, and installed rtorrent. I go to my server ip, then port 3000. The page does not load and can't be reached. Is this because it's trying to grab the VPN's IP?
@Deiteq will have to answer :D This is her project she's been working on :p

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Hello,
Hiya!

Thanks for the report and you are correct.....I am also unable to connect to it using port 3000 with either my server ip or domain name.... but I am able to access it via the subdomain route....rtorrentvpn.mydomain.com

Are you able to check it using a domain name, if you don't have one then try freenom, you can check out our wiki to guide you through it:-
https://plexguide.com/threads/reverse-proxy-basic-instructions.259/

We'll have to investigate this further to figure out why it can't be accessed using to port number.

Reactions: 1 user

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Quick update:

Both DelugeVPN & rTorrentVPN can be accessed externally using the subdomain route.
Access using their respective port numbers can only be done from within the same LAN.

You maybe able to use SSH tunnelling (which I believe can be set up in Putty) with ports 8112 or 3000 depending or if you want a GUI then you could try installing x2go (this is what I normally do!), I am also looking into creating a x2go Server container but have only managed to find one that uses Openbox which is not user friendly....I hope to get this working with xfce in the near future though!

I have just quickly typed up what I normally do to install x2go which can be found on our wiki guides!;)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending