Brave browser | PlexGuide.com

Brave browser

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Xployt

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
Right so I've finally transitioned to the Brave browser! Woohooo!

Now as we all love to share are there any extensions I should be aware of?

They do suggest to use DuckDuckGo as the default search engine now I've heard good and bad things like anything. Bad things from what I'd like to think are reliable sources. However it's always good to find out if there are others. So come on what you got.....

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I don't use any because of spying, but the only i use is 1pass. I'm glad that your linking the browser. Even though it helps us, I use it all the time.

rcarteraz

Veteran
Donor
Nov 14, 2018
I've been using it too but is there anyway for the site to recognize that I am and stop prompting me to swtich? lol

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Xployt

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
I've been using it too but is there anyway for the site to recognize that I am and stop prompting me to swtich? lol
Once I clicked the notification it disappeared for me. Try that. If it doesn't work for you post a screenshot.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ya u just click the - x

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

rcarteraz

Veteran
Donor
Nov 14, 2018
Yeah, I did that it just seems to come back lol. I like the browser though. I’ve been using it as my main on both pc and phone.

high

Citizen+
May 24, 2020
Right so I've finally transitioned to the Brave browser! Woohooo!

Now as we all love to share are there any extensions I should be aware of?

They do suggest to use DuckDuckGo as the default search engine now I've heard good and bad things like anything. Bad things from what I'd like to think are reliable sources. However it's always good to find out if there are others. So come on what you got.....
I’ve heard about this browser before but I’ve never used it before. I’m going to download it here to test it and see if that’s all you’re saying.
thank you man

rmrf

Citizen
Donor
Donor
Jun 4, 2020
I've used it extensively. I have mixed thoughts about it after the whole debacle with injecting affiliate links and the rewards program. I'm big on privacy, so these were big red flags for me, so I'm back to Firefox as a primary.

Have you considered Ungoogled Chromium?

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
I've used it extensively. I have mixed thoughts about it after the whole debacle with injecting affiliate links and the rewards program. I'm big on privacy, so these were big red flags for me, so I'm back to Firefox as a primary.

ditto.

dP

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020

Those were my thoughts as well exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself...

Bellatrix

Citizen
May 6, 2020
This browser is still my go to for mobile device web surfing, it seems light on ram in comparison to Firefox.

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Get a VPS with a bitcoin account that doesn't belong to anyone, get a trusted VPN service, maybe build your own. VPN to the VPS, then if possible VPN from that VPS again. Now use a trusted browser, turn off 3rd party cookies for sites you don't trust. There are probably many ways, maybe this would be a good way to try to be anonymous:p on the web.

Maybe a little off-topic, probably most of us would do a lot more than change our browser if we truly wanted to be as anonymous as possible and possibly afraid of spying or tracking.

Not a security expert, far from it, just my 2 Cents.

Any suggestions or additions would be great!

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending