Plex - Buffering issue hetzner | PlexGuide.com

Plex Buffering issue hetzner

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

macvirii

Citizen
May 26, 2019
Code:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/doob187/test/master/update-rclone-mergerfs.sh | sudo bash
Have fun
:)
Post automatically merged:

You want to use tbe arm64.deb **?**
IDK if it was this or my TeamSpeak server... or an update on another docker container... But I did upgrade for kicks, and now I see 10% iowait pretty much all the time.
Did anyone perceived this on the updated rclone and mergefs?

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
IDK if it was this or my TeamSpeak server... or an update on another docker container... But I did upgrade for kicks, and now I see 10% iowait pretty much all the time.
Did anyone perceived this on the updated rclone and mergefs?
Can you confirm your rclone version:
rclone version

macvirii

Citizen
May 26, 2019
Can you confirm your rclone version:
rclone version
I just discovered the culprit, Bazaar!!
I started stopping each docker and finally found the evil little minx!

I don't know really right now what ensured the sustained iowait, but it seems the "Update all Episode Subtitles from disk" task is taking a lot to process.
And during the processing, the iowait stays on a 10-12% average.

I'm one to disable the disk scan right now... leave it manual... and see what happens.

Edit: image of netdata comparison with the bazaar docker on, and off.

Attachments

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I just discovered the culprit, Bazaar!!
I started stopping each docker and finally found the evil little minx!

I don't know really right now what ensured the sustained iowait, but it seems the "Update all Episode Subtitles from disk" task is taking a lot to process.
And during the processing, the iowait stays on a 10-12% average.

I'm one to disable the disk scan right now... leave it manual... and see what happens.

Edit: image of netdata comparison with the bazaar docker on, and off.
Yes you don't want that option on. I've disabled the daily scans and set it to default enable after the first import so it grandfather's what's there and only cares about new content.

b101marc

Citizen+
Donor
Donor
Jul 11, 2018
Try using CDN. When it chokes up in the evening what is the speedtest results from your server?
So it had been working fine for a while but after a server restart my speeds are terrible and plex is badly buffering.

Running speedtestnocdn I got 29.7mpbs down and 8.09mbps up. Running speedtest.mydomain gives me 55/100.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
So it had been working fine for a while but after a server restart my speeds are terrible and plex is badly buffering.

Running speedtestnocdn I got 29.7mpbs down and 8.09mbps up. Running speedtest.mydomain gives me 55/100.
They had a network issue today which has since been resolved. Still an issue? https://www.hetzner-status.de/en.html

Cloudflare too

b101marc

Citizen+
Donor
Donor
Jul 11, 2018
They had a network issue today which has since been resolved. Still an issue? https://www.hetzner-status.de/en.html

Cloudflare too
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked cloudflare status before posting and it looks like it was operational, Hetzner appears to say the same. Looking at NZBget I'm reaching dl speeds of 60mbps but I'm barely able to stream via Plex. I adjusted Plex settings per your previous instructions to include nocdn in the label and neither seems to be working well. Could it still be related to cf?

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked cloudflare status before posting and it looks like it was operational, Hetzner appears to say the same. Looking at NZBget I'm reaching dl speeds of 60mbps but I'm barely able to stream via Plex. I adjusted Plex settings per your previous instructions to include nocdn in the label and neither seems to be working well. Could it still be related to cf?
Scroll down towards the bottom of the cf status page. Check this out:

"Cloudflare says its Sunday morning problems were due to CenturyLink outage - The Verge" https://www.theverge.com/platform/a.../cloudflare-down-websites-hulu-feedly-discord

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending