Tautulli - Bug in ansible script for tautulli? | PlexGuide.com

Tautulli Bug in ansible script for tautulli?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeycognac

Noobz
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Ive never used ansible before and am new to Docker, but I think when you define the volumes you're intending to mount the plex logs folder, but don't have a host target:

volumes:
- /opt/appdata/tautulli:/config
- /opt/appdata/plex/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\

Also, that is not the folder that plex's docker image puts the logs in. So, I think that the volumes section of this ansible script should be:

volumes:
- /opt/appdata/plex/database/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs:/logs

Let me know if I'm off base!!

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ive never used ansible before and am new to Docker, but I think when you define the volumes you're intending to mount the plex logs folder, but don't have a host target:

volumes:
- /opt/appdata/plex/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\

Also, that is not the folder that plex's docker image puts the logs in. So, I think that the volumes section of this ansible script should be:

volumes:
- /opt/appdata/plex/database/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs:/logs

Let me know if I'm off base!!
You could be right. I never paid attention; nor reported. It's worth looking into this weekend!

mikeycognac

Noobz
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
I was close. It should be:

volumes:
- /opt/appdata/plex/database/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs:/logs

I guess you don't escape spaces in yaml. But with above, I see the plex logs when I browse /logs in the tautulli container and they show up in tautulli if I configure it to look for the logs there :)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I was close. It should be:

volumes:
- /opt/appdata/plex/database/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs:/logs

I guess you don't escape spaces in yaml. But with above, I see the plex logs when I browse /logs in the tautulli container and they show up in tautulli if I configure it to look for the logs there :)
Sure, I'll test it out. Good report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending