Calibre-Web - Anyone managed to get it working?

timmeh

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
8:42 PM
Feb 14, 2019
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Calibre Web setup. It is installed and running on its domain. I have a calibre database file on my GDrive.

My issue is that when I launch calibre-web, I'm presented with a config screen which asks me for the location of the calibre database file, and whether I'm using Google Drive. I click that I'm using GDrive, and then it tells me Google Drive config problem: client_secrets.json is missing or not readable. I have read around github, and I have placed a client_secret.json (with my GDrive credentials) in every calibre-web directory I can find, but calibre-web just doesn't seem to pick it up.

Has anyone managed to do this successfully, and if so, please could you tell me how you did it?

Cheers,
TIMMEH!

Attachments

CyborgPirate

Respected Member
Local time
Aug 22, 2018
Hello mate, did you manage to solve your problem? I'm looking into seeing up calibre+calibre-web on my server and currently looking at any potential issues I need to be aware of

UncleBuck

Staff
Local time
2:42 PM
Dec 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I would like to do this also. I installed calibre-web but it appears you would also need calibre installed. I don't see calibre in the core or community repository.

timmeh

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
Feb 14, 2019
I managed to get both installed and running after a lengthy battle which I don't fully remember now (although I seem to remember it suddenly just working, which isn't much help I know).
However, despite them running, I could not configure Calibre to work with my database on GDrive, and the same went to Calibre-Web. So I've given up for now, mainly because @Admin9705 had mentioned in another thread that this is something that he was looking into for PG9. I know a lot of people on this forum are keen for books to be a part of PG, so fingers crossed he's managed to iron out the issues that I was encountering. Sorry I couldn't be more help...

mwest35

Local time
3:42 PM
Nov 19, 2019
I would like to add my 2c that I've done the same. Even spent an afternoon rewriting the docker container. I've given up too and just use LL to download my books and then manually add them to a calibre database I'm managing on another Mac to my books in a gdrive folder.

Looks like auto book organization isn't an easy thing at the moment, so waiting on PG9 to hopefully have this implemented.

Cheers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.