Plex - Can I stop Plex from scanning libraries daily? | PlexGuide.com

Plex Can I stop Plex from scanning libraries daily?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

CyborgPirate

Experienced
Original poster
Aug 22, 2018

As far as I can tell, I have turned off all settings that would set Plex to scan libraries. I have a library of 200tb+ which when scanned causes high disk, GDrive API and CPU usage... So I'd rather prevent it from scanning the whole library of possible. I have enabled the sonarr/radarr/lidarr Plex connect script that only scans new folders once added and this works really well. Yet every morning I wake up and Plex is running slowly due to high server load from a full library scan.
Any ideas?
I assume I'm missing a setting somewhere. I thought it would be the "daily" selection in the screen shot I've added but there is no better option there (they're all shorter time spans)

Thanks in advanced

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
The default darrs connect setting trigger a full scan although I think sonarr v3 has fixed it. Your better off setting up plex_autoscan which tells the plex scanner to only scan that one item rather than triggering a whole lib scan.

CyborgPirate

Experienced
Original poster
Aug 22, 2018
The default darrs connect setting trigger a full scan although I think sonarr v3 has fixed it. Your better off setting up plex_autoscan which tells the plex scanner to only scan that one item rather than triggering a whole lib scan.
This might well be it. I always catch it scanning the films directory which must be from radarr triggering the scan. I'll look into Plex auto scan :)

timmeh

Experienced+
Feb 14, 2019
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having issues with Plex running full scans on libraries almost constantly. Also had my database corrupt (and rebuild itself) as a result of the library scan running at the same time as a scheduled backup :poop:
Not to mention the CPU, GDrive API resources going to waste... such a massive pain in the arse.

I wonder whether the new radarr preview will have sorted it? That said, sonarr v3 seems to running full scans on TV Shows....

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 user

CyborgPirate

Experienced
Original poster
Aug 22, 2018
Hey sorry for the late reply, I rarely check this forum these days.

I did manage to fix it but it was quite a while ago and I cant remember what fixed it out of the many things I tried.

I am pretty sure it was about the PMS Connect option in the radaar and sonarr settings.

This is what I have for my current settings for radarr (sonarr is identical too):
radarr_pms_connect_settings.jpg

Edit: I am actually in the process of switching over to jellyfin. currently i have both running on my server but this has reminded me that jellyfin does not have an easy hook from sonarr/radarr so I will need to check that out.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending