Discussion - Can you launch a LAMP stack docker container to a directory for custom sites. | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Can you launch a LAMP stack docker container to a directory for custom sites.

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ninjaknock

Citizen+
Original poster
Aug 25, 2018
I've seen in the app templates of portainer that we can run apache,postgres/mysql dockers for running a site. however I haven't noticed a php template available is something like full stack developer container possible to launch? All the apache/php/mysql/nginx pointing to a directory on the server to host/develop custom sites.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I've seen in the app templates of portainer that we can run apache,postgres/mysql dockers for running a site. however I haven't noticed a php template available is something like full stack developer container possible to launch? All the apache/php/mysql/nginx pointing to a directory on the server to host/develop custom sites.
it's all possible, it's just the writeup can be difficult. if you want to look at pgpress, look at the wordpress yml. you can attempt to take a stab at it :D

ninjaknock

Citizen+
Original poster
Aug 25, 2018
it's all possible, it's just the writeup can be difficult. if you want to look at pgpress, look at the wordpress yml. you can attempt to take a stab at it :D
It's just, LAMP is needed for testing random projects for web dev, so I thought wordpress implementation was perfect. However after installing apache/postgres and I've read some writeup for php docker container. How can I point them all to a single directory on my vps so the website directory is the directory on vps. I was unable to achieve that part.

foolio

Experienced
Jan 10, 2019
It's just, LAMP is needed for testing random projects for web dev, so I thought wordpress implementation was perfect. However after installing apache/postgres and I've read some writeup for php docker container. How can I point them all to a single directory on my vps so the website directory is the directory on vps. I was unable to achieve that part.
If i understand your question correctly I have been fiddling with this myself. I believe the option in portainer you want to modify on the container during deployment is in the advanced settings under volumes. select bind and input the path to physical file system where you want to maintain the file structure.

bing volumes to filesystem.PNG
Now the DB mariadb or postgres should be in it's own container managed separate unless your doing something beyond my understanding. again I new to all this stuff as well but I believe this is what your are asking about.

as an example all the containers in plexguide bind thier applications to /opt/appdata/"container-name"

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending