Discussion - Cannot connect to Docker Daemon - Plexguide wont run | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Cannot connect to Docker Daemon - Plexguide wont run

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
Hi, after i updated my system, all of a sudden everything went down, plex, portainer, everything. everytime i run plexguide i get a message saying

" Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
means your docker is not present. type docker ps. plexguide doesn't uninstall docker or modify it once installed; even during upgrades

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
means your docker is not present. type docker ps. plexguide doesn't uninstall docker or modify it once installed; even during upgrades
get the same message when i type docker ps
"Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
get the same message when i type docker ps
"Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"
yup means your docker is missing. so... you need to backtrack on this; plus more info. what server, what you did... and etc; what you upgraded from. what os? most likely you just need to reinstall. just type in google to reinstall docker if cannot figure out.

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
yup means your docker is missing. so... you need to backtrack on this; plus more info. what server, what you did... and etc; what you upgraded from. what os? most likely you just need to reinstall. just type in google to reinstall docker if cannot figure out.
OVH Server. i logged in using x2go and software update message came up, I clicked on update and docker went tits up. System is Ubuntu 16.04. I am afraid of reinstalling docker because i dont want all the plexguide programs to disappear. my last Plex backup was couple of weeks ago. If you can provide a link to the method i can follow without destroying everything, it will be most helpful.

if you need me to provide more information, please let me know

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
Don't know how helpful this would be but, if i run sudo dockerd -D then everything starts running again but when i close the terminal, everything crashes again

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Don't know how helpful this would be but, if i run sudo dockerd -D then everything starts running again but when i close the terminal, everything crashes again
ya that's weird. i would say test stuff on hetzner cloud or a vm for a sanity check :D

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
ya that's weird. i would say test stuff on hetzner cloud or a vm for a sanity check :D
Isn't there any other way? What would happen if I remove or purge docker and install it again? Will all the applications installed be deleted? Since plex guide doesn't work, i cant even make backups of current apps

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Isn't there any other way? What would happen if I remove or purge docker and install it again? Will all the applications installed be deleted? Since plex guide doesn't work, i cant even make backups of current apps
you can google how to install uninstall docker.

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
you can google how to install uninstall docker.
But will that remove the current installed apps? like tautulli, plex, portainer and everything? or will uninstalling and installing docker wont have any problems?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
yes, but you will not lose your data which is saved in /opt/appdata/plexguide

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
i uninstalled the latest docker version and installed a previous one and then ran the plexguide preinstaller again and had to set up traefik again. But now i am unable to deply containers, only netdata successfully deployed. Radarr, sonarr, tautulli and other containers give this error.

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Error inspecting image linuxserver/radarr:latest - 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error (\"stat /var/lib/docker/overlay2/8f57d1e0c30fe29f6c3da0e6e0e939e3fa91af5f9825a4ca59cdf0378dbc16ee: no such file or directory\")"}

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Error creating container: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error (\"error creating overlay mount to /var/lib/docker/overlay2/83295969b0468acd01763e2ca7e8e80c29b3ca4597373e79e517771144a39636-init/merged: no such file or directory\")"}

MrRehan

Citizen+
Original poster
May 1, 2018
Looks like everything is working now. I uninstalled docker through plexguide uninstall and then ran the preinstaller again and now everything is installing properly.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending