Discussion - Can't get Traefik to work for s*hit... Help | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Can't get Traefik to work for s*hit... Help

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

cablex

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 16, 2019
Been Trying for four weeks, can't get Traefik to work for s*hit. I have a Godaddy domain and got it pointed to my private IP and it was working fine but I realize I was supposed to point it to my public IP so I changed it and since then it keeps failing to deploy so I moved it to Cloudflare I followed the instructions to the T and looks like all is well in Cloudflare but when I deploy Traefik I keep failing . Can anyone please help me attached is my log and some pics.

Log:
Screenshot (10).png

CF DNS info:
Screenshot (6).png

Traefik failing to deploy:
Screenshot (5).png

Error 522:
Screenshot (8).png
any advice or help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
you create one A record with your domain pointing to your IP. The other records should alll be CName records pointing to @

Reactions: 1 user

cablex

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 16, 2019
Thanks, @timetrex that's how I got it when I first moved to CF but Traefik still failed when I deploy, someone said in the forum to set everything to A record. I will change it back and let you know how it works thanks again for your help.
Post automatically merged:

@timetrex I changed the records as you advise but still fails find below pics.

portainer check failed:
Screenshot (5).png

portainer log:
portainer log.jpg

Traefik log:
Traefik log.jpg

CF DNS manager:
CF.jpg

if anyone can help I'll be very grateful.

Last edited:

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Thanks, @timetrex that's how I got it when I first moved to CF but Traefik still failed when I deploy, someone said in the forum to set everything to A record. I will change it back and let you know how it works thanks again for your help.
Post automatically merged:

@timetrex I changed the records as you advise but still fails find below pics.

portainer check failed:
View attachment 4725

portainer log:
View attachment 4722

Traefik log:
View attachment 4723

CF DNS manager:
View attachment 4724

if anyone can help I'll be very grateful.
First I can see where you don't have a CNAME for pgui.youdomain.com unless you have it as an A record and you marked that out. When you get to your PG User Interface page you may be able to see the errors there.

This kind of sounds like what was happening to me; my issue was that I exceeded letsencrypt’s limit, and didn't know that until I visited this page.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user

cablex

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 16, 2019
@syebrexsr thanks just added it i'll wait a few more days and try and re-deploy traefik i'll let you know if it works.

ItherNiT

Citizen
Oct 22, 2019
Doesn't CF bypass the LetsEncrypt cert? CF uses its own cert to dish out the content.

1593672785976.png

Also did you remember to port forward all of the ports required?

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Doesn't CF bypass the LetsEncrypt cert? CF uses its own cert to dish out the content.

View attachment 4736

Also did you remember to port forward all of the ports required?
It may, I don't know that it uses it's own certs because when you set strict on cloud flare if you read more it tells you that you would have to install an actual cert on the box its self. I never did that and all my sites are secure and using Cloudflare strict mode, well it was working until the pgsheild rollout that I probably screwed up somewhere.

cablex

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 16, 2019
I am a happy camper guys, i got my Traefik to deploy and everything is working good. So as i was searching around for answers i came across a similar forum and in their setup they said to port forward ports 80 and 443 and also setup a dynamic DNS which I did, I used (Noip) . I deployed Traefik and every app I created a CNANE for in CF is working with mydomain :):)(y) . @ItherNiT I didn't port forward any of ports for the apps if that's what you are asking but they are all working good, the only one not working for some reason is LIDARR but Deezelorder is working so am cool. Thanks everyone for your help (y)(y)(y)

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
ok, yes, I click the cloud and make it orange, that way my real IP is never showed. like you, I never had to forward ports 80 and 443, it just works when I got to pgui.mydomain.com . I do create CNAMES for every app that I am going to sue.

Glad it is all working.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending