Discussion - can't install docker with ub16 | PlexGuide.com

Discussion can't install docker with ub16

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

hawk2g

Active
Original poster
May 2, 2018
I have a dedicated server at home that I use for plex. It currently runs Ubuntu 16.04 LTS x64 with QuickBox.IO. The kernel is v4.16.3 generic and it keeps stopping with docker failure when installing for the first time. I just assumed it's because of QuickBox changing a few things so I got another PC and clean installed Ubuntu 16.04 x64 and still get the same error. It also happens when using a VPS from Vultr.

The only time I got this working was on my VMWare machine (Windows 10 host) and by using Ubuntu 18.04.
I've apt update, apt upgrade, apt autoremove, used multiple kernels (v4.4.0, v4.16.3, v4.17-rc1). I can't get it to work on Ubuntu 16.

Help please

Last edited:

revrenhex

Citizen+
Apr 7, 2018
I ran into an issue where plexguide failed at docker install, so I just installed it via apt-get install docker.io, and then rerun plexguide setup and it worked.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ill program a secondary failsafr in next time

ItsJustDay

Citizen
May 3, 2018
The something happening to me with my server on netcup. I did the same as above and installed via apt-get (apt-get install docker.io). I seem to be able to get further now. I will let you know if I run into any other issues

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
The something happening to me with my server on netcup. I did the same as above and installed via apt-get (apt-get install docker.io). I seem to be able to get further now. I will let you know if I run into any other issues
Hey!
Yeah your first image was because we had a faulty container in the roles that was being tested....that's fixed now....sorry about that!
But not sure that you needed to install docker.io manually?!

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ya i added a default failsafe. what host are you running.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
run update 2, update again there was an issue with it, run the preinstaller again, might of been the cause of the failure

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
What do you mean update 2? I have the same docker problem and don't see 5.086 update 2?
That was for yesterday's fix of 5.086....we've updated again since!;)

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Then any reason why it doesn't work for me? Fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 64bit with latest updates.
Depends on many things....what are you running on?....is it atom?....dedicated or vps?.....what provider if any?....to name a few!;)
Sometimes it's best to try it on a vm first as I believe 5.087 or 5.088 should be working?!
And if you want a faster response then headover to our Discord chatrooms....there's always somebody online there!:p

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending