PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - VPS
I registered for a domain through Google when I signed up for the G Suite account and the domain is with GoDaddy.

I am moving on down the setup path and my newest speed bump is that I can't obtain the api key from GoDaddy.

Far as I can get is:
screenshot-developer.godaddy.com-2019.01.09-09-44-50.png

I know it is bad form to post different questions in the same thread but I think this could be related.

On the DNS management page there are 4 A records and almost a page and a half of other records. I edited 2 of the A records to reflect the instructions on the wiki with "points to" being to my plexguide server.

Do I just ignore all the other records?

Is signing up for the domain from within GSuite going to be problematic?

DrgnFyre

PG Sergeant
Dec 25, 2018
Nebraska, US
Reactions
4 0 0
You got further than I did - I can't even log into godaddy to try and get to the API key stuff.

When I called godaddy they said that because I bought it through google i'm not technically a godaddy customer.

If someone figures this out, I'd love to know the answer.

Their suggestion was I could transfer the domain to godaddy.com but you have to wait 60 days as that's the 'lock time' on a new domain.

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
You got further than I did - I can't even log into godaddy to try and get to the API key stuff.

When I called godaddy they said that because I bought it through google i'm not technically a godaddy customer.

If someone figures this out, I'd love to know the answer.

Their suggestion was I could transfer the domain to godaddy.com but you have to wait 60 days as that's the 'lock time' on a new domain.

Ya i'm confused with the whole Godaddy login, change the A record thing.

I logged into my Gsuite console then went to "domains" then "add/remove" domains then "advanced DNS settings" and logged into the settings page with the credentials provided by G Suite.

edit: typo

Last edited:

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
just got in. logged in and worked. did you try a different browser. is something blocking you?

View attachment 2580

DING DING DING!

that did the trick

switched to internet explorer and shutdown my VPN connection. I turned off the VPN earlier and that didn't help but doing both worked

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
I'll continue with the setup shortly .... stand by for the next pothole :mad::D

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

jeffcameron

PG First Class
Dec 25, 2018
Reactions
1 0 0
I saw the same issue.

1. I had zero domains.
2. I signed up for Gsuite and through it also got a domain. The Gsuite wizard gives you a choice, GoDaddy or Enom but at no point in time are you on godaddy's website.
3. Once you're all signed up and stuff, you can go to your DNS settings/advanced/Sign in to DNS console and they send you to Gsuite Domain Manager with different credentials they're providing you (but still not godaddy's normal site, in fact it's like secureserver.net in the address bar.)
4. I even talked to both Gsuite support and Godaddy support, asking how I could get to this API stuff with my godaddy domain purchased via Gsuite. They pointed fingers at each other and it was useless.
5. I gave up and did my fancy API/traefik stuff via Cloudflare. Since I already purchased the domain it was free.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
Same here...just got Cloudflare setup and working on PGdef now. Might have save a lot of time if I would have just have signed up for a domain before Gsuite and used that.