Original poster
Local time
11:31 PM
Feb 14, 2019
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Hi guys, looking for some help.

I followed the wiki to setup Cloudflare CDN, however I'm finding plex very slow to load, especially cover art. It's only been happening since setting up CDN. Anyone else experienced this and found ways to speed it up?

Cheers,
Timmeh

timmeh

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
Feb 14, 2019
OK, so now Plex isn't letting me access settings, it just says "Server settings are unavailable.".

Something slightly wrong here. I've read this short thread to troubleshoot (https://forums.plex.tv/t/server-setting-unavailable-on-16-04-lts/219433) and it looks like I've done something wrong during the CDN setup, possibly not disabling remote access.

Is it best to turn off CDN and reset settings, or is there a way that I can access settings without turning off the CDN?

Cheers,
TimmeH!

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
Local time
Aug 27, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
If you think you might have missed a step then it'd be best to clear up and start again. I can't imagine why the CDN would cause your settings not to load, I would be more inclined to say that's a permission problem where Plex isn't recognising your user as the admin. However, disabling the CDN is a good place to start because trying to work with it turned on if something is missing will get messy quickly.

Disabling the CDN is as simple as unticking the orange clouds in the Cloudflare DNS dashboard for your Root Server & Plex, within a few minutes you'll be accessing your server again directly. You can check the status of the DNS update by running something like
Code:
watch -n5 dig +short plex.yourdomainhere.com
until you see it jump from 2 IP addresses back down to one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.