Discussion - Change location of appdata | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Change location of appdata

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

navy2x

Active
Original poster
Donor
May 5, 2018
What is the easiest and most stable way of changing the location of the appdata folder for all docker containers? Instead of it being at /opt/appdata I want it at /tank/appdata (stored on a ZFS mirror that I created). I can manually change the mounted volumes in each docker inside portainer, but as soon as they get updated that change is reverted back to /opt/appdata.

Do I have to make a fork of each app? If so, can someone point me to the correct repository?
I'm currently using: radarr, sonarr, nzbget, nextcloud, tautulli, ombi

Thanks,
Navy2x

navy2x

Active
Original poster
Donor
May 5, 2018
So I ended up forking the Apps-Core and Apps-Community github repos and changing the volumes for each app from /opt/appdata to /tank/appdata. Maybe this will help someone.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
What is the easiest and most stable way of changing the location of the appdata folder for all docker containers? Instead of it being at /opt/appdata I want it at /tank/appdata (stored on a ZFS mirror that I created). I can manually change the mounted volumes in each docker inside portainer, but as soon as they get updated that change is reverted back to /opt/appdata.

Do I have to make a fork of each app? If so, can someone point me to the correct repository?
I'm currently using: radarr, sonarr, nzbget, nextcloud, tautulli, ombi

Thanks,
Navy2x
Hi I use symlinks and it works great. I use it for /opt/appdata as well as /mnt. The problem with the fork is you are losing any update.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending