Change of Processing Location doesn't trigger unionfs config change | PlexGuide.com

Change of Processing Location doesn't trigger unionfs config change

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Grandmaster Wierdo

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Hi all,

After a few rebuilds of PG7 and now PG8 I think I've spotted an issue when changing the processing location - which has seemed to be a little intermittent and subject to reboots and the 'order' of doing things for it to work correctly.

Scenario:
I added an additional HDD for the processing location and mounted at /mnt/PlexGuideDrive
When running plexguide and changing the 'Download Path' in the PG settings menu to the above Mount all appears to work. All of the relevant /move, /movies subdirectories were created.

Issue:
New downloads were still using the 'system' drive and downloads were going into the standard /mnt/move directory to wait for the move service to shuffle them off to the gdrive location.

Reason:
On further investigation the unionfs.service still contained the /mnt/move location, rather than the expected /mnt/PlexGuideDrive/move location. Even after a reboot this was not corrected.

Resolution:
Redeploying PGClone triggered a lot of 'changed' notices and corrected the unionfs.service file, setting the first entry to /mnt/PlexGuideDrive. New downloads go into the move directory on the additional HDD

Suggestion:
Trigger the appropriate rebuild of the unionfs.service (and any other changes that may be appropriate that occurred during a PGClone redeployment) when the 'Processing Location' is changed from within PlexDrive.

Hope this helps others who may have had some head scratching moments, and also Admin9705 in identifying and squashing another potential issue.

Thanks

GMW

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Hi all,

After a few rebuilds of PG7 and now PG8 I think I've spotted an issue when changing the processing location - which has seemed to be a little intermittent and subject to reboots and the 'order' of doing things for it to work correctly.

Scenario:
I added an additional HDD for the processing location and mounted at /mnt/PlexGuideDrive
When running plexguide and changing the 'Download Path' in the PG settings menu to the above Mount all appears to work. All of the relevant /move, /movies subdirectories were created.

Issue:
New downloads were still using the 'system' drive and downloads were going into the standard /mnt/move directory to wait for the move service to shuffle them off to the gdrive location.

Reason:
On further investigation the unionfs.service still contained the /mnt/move location, rather than the expected /mnt/PlexGuideDrive/move location. Even after a reboot this was not corrected.

Resolution:
Redeploying PGClone triggered a lot of 'changed' notices and corrected the unionfs.service file, setting the first entry to /mnt/PlexGuideDrive. New downloads go into the move directory on the additional HDD

Suggestion:
Trigger the appropriate rebuild of the unionfs.service (and any other changes that may be appropriate that occurred during a PGClone redeployment) when the 'Processing Location' is changed from within PlexDrive.

Hope this helps others who may have had some head scratching moments, and also Admin9705 in identifying and squashing another potential issue.

Thanks

GMW
thanks for the good info! this really helps!

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
No problem at all... >25 years in IT - I know how frustrating a issue report consisting of just of 'its not working' can be :)
it's how things get better, but better when someone attempts to isolate some of the issues.

Grandmaster Wierdo

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
it's how things get better, but better when someone attempts to isolate some of the issues.
Some further information related to this:

Issue:
Noticed after a few more days that my new 'move' location [/mnt/PlexGuideDrive/move] was growing and there was a mismatch in the /mnt/unionfs and /mnt/gdrive sizes (Which i'd expect to be about the same if all downloaded content had been successfully moved to gdrive.

Reason:
/opt/appdata/plexguide/move.sh is still referencing the original /mnt/move location rather than the new move location at /mnt/PlexGuideDrive/move

Resolution:
Edit move.sh to refer to the new move location and restart the move service via:
$ sudo systemctl restart move

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate way to raise such issues / bugs.

Thanks

GMW

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending