Change subdomain's name | PlexGuide.com

Change subdomain's name

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

jcrmit

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 19, 2018
Hi all,

I did a search, but could not find the answer.

My sub-domains have been flagged at work. Esp. the rutorrent one. Can I rename it to something more innocuous >> like nothingtoseehere.domain.com?? I know I may need to redeploy traefik and PGshield and assume I can do this in portainer - I don't really want to fold my own version of ruTorrent.

Thanks - as always.

TechButton

Citizen+
Staff
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2018
You could go into Portainer and change it on the containers, and then reboot that container and the traefik on and oauth one if you authentication on as well.. only issue with that is, you would have to change it every time you update pgblitz. You could make a copy and put it in the my container section and have your own version and do it through pg community like Admin suggest and that will stay through updates.

jcrmit

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 19, 2018
Thanks TachButton, I did edit the rutorrent container's traefik subdomain and deployed it, but portainer did not let me restart traefik & oauth. I was trying to take this as a quick option prior to learning how to folk a pgapp and customise to avoid the constant overriding. Looks like I might need to learn this skill a little sooner.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
you can fork pgcommunity or pgapps and change the subdomain in the YMLs for the name. Look for the traefik portion. 8.7 will allow the change of the subdomains (not out yet, but planning that piece)

jcrmit

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 19, 2018
Thanks Admin9705 - 8.7 sounds like it will provide this flexibility.
I might need a bit of additional information to put me on the right track.
I set up a GitHub account and forked PGBlitz - which yml do I need to edit??

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending