Discussion - ChannelsDVR files to unionfs | PlexGuide.com

Discussion ChannelsDVR files to unionfs

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ZeroFux

Active
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Needing some advice. In addition to Plex, I'm using ChannelsDVR on my WD PR2100 NAS. I prefer Plex, but ChannelsDVR gives me access to TV Everywhere channels I subscribe to with Philo to record with and the NAS has 8TB compared to 1TB on the PlexGuide NUC.

My current process is:
ChannelsDVR records TVE and outputs EDL file with chapter markers >
comchap(or comcut)/ffmpeg command line adds chapter markers and changes file from MPG to MP4 >
Plex has the ChannelsDVR/TV folder as a library location and imports the new file during nightly library refresh

PlexGuide isn't running on the NAS, but I'd like to get the files uploaded to my TDrive after I run comchap/FFmpeg on them. I'm going to tinker with a script to look for new recordings, create chapter markers with comchap, and output the file so that Plex could pick it up immediately (but I read somewhere on the forum NOT to drop files directly to UnionFS.)

Does anyone know how I would accomplish an automated way of getting files to unionfs so my Plex can see the ASAP? My process works great with Plex when I manually kick it off on a file, but since the file is on the NAS, Plex doesn't sense the directory change until a full Library Refresh (which I have set to daily so that I don't hit the API ban for the TDrive.)

Any thoughts/suggestions would ve VERY helpful!!

fr0sty

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Jul 8, 2018
Make a script to copy files to /mnt/unionfs/tvrips once the conversion is completed.
Dont try to convert or download to the directory directly . Only move it or it may upload before the conversion or download is done.

ZeroFux

Active
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Make a script to copy files to /mnt/unionfs/tvrips once the conversion is completed.
Dont try to convert or download to the directory directly . Only move it or it may upload before the conversion or download is done.
Thanks, fr0sty! My script is done. It converts the file in the current directory on the NAS and then once the conversion is done it moves the file.
  • I tried using /mnt/tvrips and then moving to /mnt/unionfs/tv, but it kept wanting to imbed the season folder again
    (ex: The Profit/Season 06/Season 06/)
  • I tried using /mnt/downloads/nzbget/tv, but since these files aren't downloaded from the arrs, it never gets picked up to be renamed and moved to unionfs.
  • I tried using /mnt/move but that only uploaded to the tdrive, it doesn't notify plex that a new file is available
I ended up writing directly to /mnt/unionfs/tv because that was the smoothest way to move the file over to be picked up by pgui. The only downfall is that there might be a message in pgui for about 5 seconds while the file is being copied that it has to wait....

I'll probably figure out a way (with my basic scripting skills) to make /mnt/tvrips work, but I have to mull it over and google search LOL

fr0sty

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Jul 8, 2018
Glad your half way there, as for the Plex notify, i guess you could dig into the webhook that plexautoscan uses and try to trigger it manual/script when uploaded. Best idea ive got sorry.

mackattack57

Experienced
Apr 14, 2019
@ZeroFux can you share that script fall and I’ll test it out as well and see if I get any suggestions or better results? Also, I might try your process you were talking about with my emby DVR and my IP TV feed.

Good looking out and posting stuff here for other people to try. Thank you.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending