Discussion - ChannelsDVR | PlexGuide.com

Discussion ChannelsDVR

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ZeroFux

Active
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
I want to the docker image for ChannelsDVR. Is that possible with the docker image or do I have to create a .yml? I remember back in the day you could add custom containers but I don't think that option is in pgblitz anymore.

Any help would be appreciated, I know the wiki is being rebuilt and tried looking for the old wiki but couldn't find it.

David

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
You can still add containers, but PGX (beta) makes it easier.

mackattack57

Experienced
Apr 14, 2019
@ZeroFux I haven't used ChannelsDVR myself but I put this together so give it a shot.

1. download zip and extract yml
2. SSH into your server and change dir to /opt/mycontainers
3. sudo nano channelsdvr.yml
4. copy and paste yml into your SSH terminal and save file
5. (if running plexguide 8.7.5) sudo plexguide --> 5 --> 2 --> 1 --> channelsdvr --> a
6. add channelsdvr to your DNS entries
7. wait 10-15 minutes for your DNS entry to populate
8. use firefox or vnc-xfce (or whatever you use for local http access to traefik) and access channelsdvr:8089 to setup your DVR
9. access channelsdvr.(yourdomain).(yourextension) and get an authorization code
10. enjoy!

Again, I have not used this app and don't know if this works fully but if you report back any bugs then I can look into it.

Here is the YML
Post automatically merged:

PROGRESS SO FAR

Everything works behind Traefik perfectly with this YML. However, Channels will not let me point to port 443 so I can remotely access my Hetzner server. This looks like you may only be able to access on local network unless I decide to expose my ports and I don't want to do that when I can just use Emby DVR instead.

If someone else knows a work around, let me know. I still have the rest of my first month free from today but I seem to have hit a roadblock.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroFux

Active
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
@ZeroFux I haven't used ChannelsDVR myself but I put this together so give it a shot.

1. download zip and extract yml
2. SSH into your server and change dir to /opt/mycontainers
3. sudo nano channelsdvr.yml
4. copy and paste yml into your SSH terminal and save file
5. (if running plexguide 8.7.5) sudo plexguide --> 5 --> 2 --> 1 --> channelsdvr --> a
6. add channelsdvr to your DNS entries
7. wait 10-15 minutes for your DNS entry to populate
8. use firefox or vnc-xfce (or whatever you use for local http access to traefik) and access channelsdvr:8089 to setup your DVR
9. access channelsdvr.(yourdomain).(yourextension) and get an authorization code
10. enjoy!

Again, I have not used this app and don't know if this works fully but if you report back any bugs then I can look into it.

Here is the YML
Post automatically merged:

PROGRESS SO FAR

Everything works behind Traefik perfectly with this YML. However, Channels will not let me point to port 443 so I can remotely access my Hetzner server. This looks like you may only be able to access on local network unless I decide to expose my ports and I don't want to do that when I can just use Emby DVR instead.

If someone else knows a work around, let me know. I still have the rest of my first month free from today but I seem to have hit a roadblock.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’ll try to look at this tonight after work and let you know. I tried taking a stab at it on Saturday, failed and then went down a rabbit hole to install pi-hole and pivpn on a pi 3B+ as a side project.

Reactions: 1 user

mackattack57

Experienced
Apr 14, 2019
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’ll try to look at this tonight after work and let you know. I tried taking a stab at it on Saturday, failed and then went down a rabbit hole to install pi-hole and pivpn on a pi 3B+ as a side project.
Any luck on your end? Are you using yours locally? Looks like it works fine behind local network but not remotely. Let me know if you get it to work remotely through Traefik.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

ZeroFux

Active
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Any luck on your end? Are you using yours locally?
Yes, the yml looks like it's working perfectly. I made a small change to the yml to use the channelsdvr:tve docker image since I want TV Everywhere. I run my pgblitz locally and I've been able to connect to the dvr on port 8089.

One thing I noticed was that Portainer says that the container was created (and it's running because I can connect to it on port 8089), but I can't start/restart/kill the container without an error message that the endpoint is either already in use or the container is not running

mackattack57

Experienced
Apr 14, 2019
Yes, the yml looks like it's working perfectly. I made a small change to the yml to use the channelsdvr:tve docker image since I want TV Everywhere. I run my pgblitz locally and I've been able to connect to the dvr on port 8089.

One thing I noticed was that Portainer says that the container was created (and it's running because I can connect to it on port 8089), but I can't start/restart/kill the container without an error message that the endpoint is either already in use or the container is not running
I would try to purge your unused container. I actually tested the TV everywhere addition on mine as well. Since I was using Hetzner, a lot of my credentials were region locked.

All of my ports are closed so mine doesn’t react well with Hetzner. It actually works really good on my local network.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending