Discussion - Clone/Sync Plex Directories | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Clone/Sync Plex Directories

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ferithon

Citizen+
Original poster
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Hi, i'm using pgblitz from some months and it's FANTASTIC.

I have a dedicated hetzner server

I have configured all using your forum and guid (traefik, google authentication, plex,etc..etc...), i have also configured pg clone (and other app like sonarr, etc..) with my TDRIVE (creating 20 users to bypass 750gb day limit) and it works correctly (if i download a file with jdownloader or torrent, it rename file and move it to tdrive).

I have create a directory called "media" for plex files (movie, serie, cartoon, etc..) inside "/mnt/" with all subdirectories (/mnt/media/film, /mnt/media/series, etc..etc..)
I have upload from my home nas all media files using SFTP

My problem is that i wanna to:

1) Leave all my files to local HDD (i have about 80tb raid)
2) Copy all plex directories (film, series, cartoon, etc...) to TDRIVE (but copy, not move)
3) Sync these plex local directories so when i add film or other files, pgclone copy it to my TDRIVE
4) Do all using your 750gb script system

There is a way using your pgclone? Or there is another way, which?

Tnx a lot and sorry for my bad english...i hope to be clair ;-)
Post automatically merged:

p.s.
i have an unlimited gdrive business drive (i have buyed 5 gsuite accounts for me and my friends....)

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Couple of things. You didn't need to buy 5 accounts, gsuite is unlimited with one account. :)

I would use something like auto rclone or folder clone. You'll need to create a team drive under gsuite.

Basically these programs leverage service accounts, which you can create with gsuite. Each account and service account on a teamdrive can do 750gb. I think with max service accounts the theoretical limit is like 450TB/day or something crazy like that. I would recommend keeping it on a team drive for other reasons, however once copied to team drive, you can drag and drop instantly between your root drive and team drive without affecting your daily limits or needing to "recopy" between the two.

The pgblitz team drive option may also facilitate this process for you, but personally, for a mass import like this, I would do it separately so my other plexguide apps and media management don't get backlogged.

Your biggest bottleneck will be probably be your internet bandwidth. If you don't care to do more than 750G/day, or you can do an rclone sync with the bwlimit flag at ~8M use the transfer limit switch set to 750G and set it to kick off daily as cron job. Since I was encrypting and knew I wouldn't have the bandwidth to do more than ~6TB/day, I created a team drive, shared it with a group I created consisting of 10 service accountd accounts, generated keys for each account, created an rclone remote for each, then created a shell script that cycled through all 10 accounts with the 750GB limiter flag, then started over since it would be 24 hours plus before it started over.

One other possible solution is to use Google's legacy "Google drive sync" tool (not file stream), if it's still the same as days past, it does not have the 750gb limit, but it needs to run from windows and it must think the drive is locally mounted I think. One warning, I used that tool years ago for my initial sync and something went haywire with it's DB, and it started to delete files. Luckily I had file version history on and was able to restore. I still used the tool to finish the backup but I created a new account that only had explicit "deny delete" rights assigned to it to prevent a recurrence.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user

ferithon

Citizen+
Original poster
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Tnx a lot and sorry for my late comment....
i'm not very expert, there are guide that you can suggest me to start???
If too difficult at moment i can only copy to TDRIVE.....and after make a SY

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
just go into sudo pg, PG Clone, then O for options, then change your deployment method to tdrive unlimited. Even though it says "complicated," it's really not, theres a few extra steps to take and it tells you what to do at each step.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending