Discussion - Cloudflare Portainer Failing | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Cloudflare Portainer Failing

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

DomesticWarlord

Citizen
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
First off a little information.

I've been running Plex for a while now on MacOS 10.14 on a home computer and using Google File Sync to store my content. It's been working great until the last week where I keep running into hitting the download limit and breaking everything. So to try to remedy that I'm looking into setting up up PGBlitz.

I have a google domain and previous used nginx to reverse proxy my Ombi server also running from my Mac. Following some of the instructions I found here on the forums I signed up for CloudFlare and redirected my google domain through CloudFlare.

I'm using Parallels to run Ubuntu 18.04 and setting up everything through there. I've gotten to the part of setting up Traefik but every time it starts to deploy it returns an error "Portainer Check: Failed."

I see one of the possible reasons is to make sure that portainer is set as a cname in CloudFlare, I've done that.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 12.23.31 PM.png

Here are my settings in Traefik. For CF_API_EMAIL I used the email address I signed up with and CF_API_KEY I went to My Profile and got the Global API Key.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 12.28.25 PM.png

I'm not really sure what I could be doing wrong here. Anyone got any suggestions?

DomesticWarlord

Citizen
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
Welp... I fixed it. I needed for forward ports 443 and 80 to my VM.

Looks like I over looked that section of the wiki lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Xployt

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
Ah yes, the lovely warning ha! Glad you resolved the issue though.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending