Consolidate PIA VPN Connections | PlexGuide.com

Consolidate PIA VPN Connections

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Daveid

Citizen+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Jun 22, 2018
Hello Admin! So I recently tried to setup DelugeVPN and noticed a problem. When it asked for me to choose my server, I initially noticed that the server I wanted to use from PIA wasn't available as an option. I figured I could just type in California and be off to the races, but it couldn't find California.ovpn. That was easy enough to solve, I just transferred the .ovpn to the templates folder for DelugeVPN and re-ran the script. But then I discovered another issue, there's 6 (technically 7) total locations within the PlexGuide script that references .ovpn files and not every server option is available at each of these locations!
\ansible\roles\delugevpn\templates\
\ansible\roles\rtorrentvpn\templates\
\ansible\roles\openvpn\templates\
\roles2\roles\delugevpn\templates\
\roles2\roles\rtorrentvpn\templates\
\scripts\torrentvpn\openvpn\
\scripts\torrentvpn\openvpn-others\

So I'm thinking, instead of having 6+ copies of a file throughout the script, can't we create a master PIA folder and reference that location whether we are installing rTorrent, Deluge, or OpenVPN? I'm a bit of a GitHub noob, but would love to help out so please if this is something I can work on push me in the right direction. Thank you for your hard work!

Reactions: 1 users

Daveid

Citizen+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Jun 22, 2018
I think I know why every PIA server isn't included as an option for DelugeVPN and rTorrentVPN now, and that's because only 12 of their servers support port forwarding. While not necessary for torrenting, it will allow access to more seeders/peers which is always a good thing.

The updated PIA list is as follows:
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/#eighth
CA Toronto
CA Montreal
CA Vancouver
DE Berlin
DE Frankfurt
Sweden
Switzerland
France
Czech Republic
Spain
Romania
Israel

Still, not sure if there's a need to have several copies of the .OPVN files within the script if they can just be referenced from one central location?

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I think I know why every PIA server isn't included as an option for DelugeVPN and rTorrentVPN now, and that's because only 12 of their servers support port forwarding. While not necessary for torrenting, it will allow access to more seeders/peers which is always a good thing.

CA Toronto
CA Montreal
CA Vancouver
DE Berlin
DE Frankfurt
Sweden
Switzerland
France
Czech Republic
Spain
Romania
Israel

Still, not sure if there's a need to have several copies of the .OPVN files within the script if they can just be referenced from one central location?
You’ll have to check with @detique. I will unbug the containers for v6 soon

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018

CA Toronto
CA Montreal
CA Vancouver
DE Berlin
DE Frankfurt
Sweden
Switzerland
France
Czech Republic
Spain
Romania
Israel

100% this. If it doesn’t support port forwarding then it has no place being used in this instance.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending