Contabo ssd disk throttling fyi | PlexGuide.com

Contabo ssd disk throttling fyi

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Edrock200

MVP
Original poster
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Fyi contabo throttles sad vps disk at 50 or 100mbs. If you submit a ticket they will lift this throttle from your vps.

Reactions: 1 user

Dexter.

Active
Donor
Jan 25, 2020
good to know, soon i want to test them about and compare with Netcup.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Don't they throttle if you use too much bandwidth in 9 days? But thanks for the info!
Yes. It's a decent value option for a ongoing combined box with low traffic, but backfilling or feeder duties are best done elsewhere.

fr0sty

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Jul 8, 2018
Yes. It's a decent value option for a ongoing combined box with low traffic, but backfilling or feeder duties are best done elsewhere.
Elsewhere you say, any recommendations? I'm currently hunting a new feeder only.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
If you want fast, Hetzner only counts upload bandwidth, make a Cloud instance, blow through 20TB (not hard on a shared 10Gb pipe), back it up, delete the project, create a new one, restore the backup and you have another 20TB. You could use a floating IP to make this easier with certificates etc. for the small extra cost. Webtropia/Servdiscount also have some reasonable deals on VPS' with unlimited bandwidth on a gigabit port, but given how quick/easy a backup/restore is.

Edrock200

MVP
Original poster
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
If you want fast, Hetzner only counts upload bandwidth, make a Cloud instance, blow through 20TB (not hard on a shared 10Gb pipe), back it up, delete the project, create a new one, restore the backup and you have another 20TB. You could use a floating IP to make this easier with certificates etc. for the small extra cost. Webtropia/Servdiscount also have some reasonable deals on VPS' with unlimited bandwidth on a gigabit port, but given how quick/easy a backup/restore is.
You can also easily do this with gcloud fairly easily since each Gmail acct gets $300 in free cloud credits.

bretc

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
You can also easily do this with gcloud fairly easily since each Gmail acct gets $300 in free cloud credits.
I've seen people talk about doing this before--how do you move the downloaded data from one cloud instance to another? Or do you still keep a main account and somehow transfer the data from each cloud instance to that single "library" account?

Edrock200

MVP
Original poster
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I've seen people talk about doing this before--how do you move the downloaded data from one cloud instance to another? Or do you still keep a main account and somehow transfer the data from each cloud instance to that single "library" account?
You mean from one gcloud instance to another correct? You can do other cloud providers but I don't know that ingress and egress would still be free. You can do so with rclone and utilities such as sasync or autorclone.

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Typically the backups are off the arr applications. So it's easy to restore to any installation.

I just sign up for GCE when credits run out. Normally takes about 20 minutes or so to have it all up and running

Plex is on a different sever. Everything runs pretty smooth.

kennsann

Experienced
Sep 14, 2019
But what about the media files? Are you storing those locally?
Who ever stores media locally? Hundreds of terabytes of data on a local storage? Would cost a small fortune with hdds. And if you rent, it would be pretty expensive still.

bretc

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
Who ever stores media locally? Hundreds of terabytes of data on a local storage? Would cost a small fortune with hdds. And if you rent, it would be pretty expensive still.
Well yeah, but I didn't know a good way to transfer between drives, especially team/shared Google drives.

You mean from one gcloud instance to another correct? You can do other cloud providers but I don't know that ingress and egress would still be free. You can do so with rclone and utilities such as sasync or autorclone.
People must use sasync or autorclone. Good to know these tools exist!

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending