Dedicated 10gbps | PlexGuide.com

Dedicated 10gbps

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

MP-JT

Citizen+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Apr 21, 2020
Hello,

Looking for a 10gbps dedicated server for a reasonable price. Anyone know a good hoster? (Preferably with hw transcode capability's)

Reactions: 1 user

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Define reasonable price, from experience, people have wildly different definitions. Your cheapest option to get anything close will be multiple Hetzner Cloud instances for feeders, GCE also can provide what you need, but at a price and it depends on your usage, OVH will offer you 10Gb, but with traffic limits usually, I can go on, but it's pointless without some basic details on what you need and how much you want to pay.

• Love

MP-JT

Citizen+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Apr 21, 2020
Monthly budget is around €200. Would like a dedicated machine with 10gbps possibly with unlimited traffic. Want to setup a long term plexguide instead of waiting till my credits from GCE are gone. Usage, plex (transcoding) some small management dockers and The 'Arrs and nzb.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
Hello,

Looking for a 10gbps dedicated server for a reasonable price. Anyone know a good hoster? (Preferably with hw transcode capability's)

holy fuckpigs batman...
Your rig looks BEEFY.
dang

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Dedicated 10Gb with unlimited traffic for €200/m? I know Andy10Gb offers 10/1 or upto 10/3 within budget via OVH, but that uplink will make the 10gbit down largely pointless. Oneprovider will do you something with 10-100TB in budget, Hetzner offer 10Gb/20TB upgrade options, but you'd get better value splitting feeder duties off as discussed. Transcoding wise iGPU is only good for 20-30ish transcodes depending on what you are transcoding, again a dedicated 1gbit box is probably better with separate feeders via Hetzner Cloud.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
Dedicated 10Gb with unlimited traffic for €200/m? I know Andy10Gb offers 10/1 or upto 10/3 within budget via OVH, but that uplink will make the 10gbit down largely pointless. Oneprovider will do you something with 10-100TB in budget, Hetzner offer 10Gb/20TB upgrade options, but you'd get better value splitting feeder duties off as discussed. Transcoding wise iGPU is only good for 20-30ish transcodes depending on what you are transcoding, again a dedicated 1gbit box is probably better with separate feeders via Hetzner Cloud.
great knowledge DM.
dP

remserwis

Citizen+
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
If USA considered I use TurnKey Internet. I have a few VPS's there.
They have dedi with 10Gb and 100TB limit for 176$ . Can't review dedi but VPS services works very well for me ( 2 servers are for Plex without transcoding)
Here is my referral if useful. TurnKey

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
The downside with that is they count In+Out, so the 150TB allowance just became 75TB each way. Don’t get me wrong, I like LW, but getting a 10Gb server that is able to push roughly 1/3 of what a 1Gb server can do on average per day and paying several times more for the privilege seems like a really poor choice when you look at the numbers, unless I’m missing something? For less money you could spin up two feeders with 10Gb on Hetzner Cloud, push 2.5-5Gb each on them and essentially have unlimited or use GCE in effect for free until they ban your cards and rent a decent 1Gb server for something like half the budget? It just makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 users

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
There was a post on these forums about a 10g deal. Was $80 or $90/mo but came with only 10tb,/mo, however the poster claims he went over every month without charges, so take that fwiw. Unfortunately I cannot find the post at the moment but it was within the last 2 months or so.

There's also "Andy's 10G Server" deals. No affiliation or experience with his service, I've just seen his posts and discord channel. He appears to resell 10g servers from various providers at discounted rates somehow.

*Edit* found the post https://plexguide.com/threads/us-10gbps-dedicated-special-offer.6854/#post-41398

Last edited:

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
The last post in the thread you’re mentioning is by me pointing out that you can do 10TB in a matter of hours and asking how open minded are they, I didn’t get a reply. As above Andy does 10/1 or 10/3 via OVH, afaik they are his only 10Gbit uncapped deals (not looked recently), obviously uploading at 1 or 3Gbit means you’ll fill your storage in minutes and be stuck capping download at 1 or 3, the metrics just don't work, you need 10/10 with a very large data cap or ideally unlimited to make it viable. At least with Hetzner it only takes minutes to redeploy via cloud and you can in effect have unlimited for very little.

Reactions: 1 users

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending