RuTorrent - default ratio group | PlexGuide.com

RuTorrent default ratio group

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
Setting the ratio group, my torrents go into seeding mode but I don't see data leaving. So what I did is I rifght clicked all the ones that were seeding, then change default ratio group to 0 which configured per wiki, then the torrents went to status Finished.

1.) is this something we should change in the wiki to default ratio group to 0?
2.) Why are my torrents going into seeding mode after download, why is it bypassing ratio group 0 and going to 1 maybe my guess?

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Setting the ratio group, my torrents go into seeding mode but I don't see data leaving. So what I did is I rifght clicked all the ones that were seeding, then change default ratio group to 0 which configured per wiki, then the torrents went to status Finished.

1.) is this something we should change in the wiki to default ratio group to 0?
2.) Why are my torrents going into seeding mode after download, why is it bypassing ratio group 0 and going to 1 maybe my guess?
In general you want your torrents to go into seeding mode after download, especially for private trackers that enforce ratios. If you are using public trackers, then its most likely optional.

You may not see data leaving for several reasons - You don't have the rutorrent published to 0.0.0.0 in docker, you have enabled a local or hetzner firewall and haven't opened the port, or you are grabbing older torrents and not new (less than 8 hours old) torrents, and therefore there is no one who is trying to download it for you to seed to. It *may* be possible that hetzner blocks known torrent client ports. I'm not saying this is the case, but something to check, and if that is the case you'll want to install an optional VPN container, configure, and tie to the rutorrent container. I use a seedbox so I've never tried seeding direct to my Hetzner box.

I don't know which ratio group RUTorrent defaults to but you want to set that up to be the minimum ratio/time for your most strict private tracker, or set a ratio group to match each of your trackers then set the ratio groups to torrents either manually, or in a scripted manner either via RSS rules/management or CLI scripts.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending