Deluge not persisting settings | PlexGuide.com

Deluge not persisting settings

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ogtimmiller

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
There are a couple of odd behaviors that were introduced when I did a clean install of plexguide starting on version 8.1.3 from 7.x.

The first time I access the deluge web ui, I have to manually connect to the deluge daemon.

Settings are also not persisted across boots. Settings are reset to container defaults on boot.

How do I modify these settings? Where is the config file?

Reactions: 1 user
M

MrDoob

//opt/appdata/deluge/*

Please be careful.

Made a blind-copie of the files before you change anything.

cp <name> <Name.backup>
nano <name>

ogtimmiller

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
I edited core.conf in /opt/appdata/deluge/ to my exact specifications. The settings stick just fine when I stop/start the container from portainer.

Just to test what would happen, I rebooted the entire dedicated server and unfortunately, deluge doesn't load the settings from core.conf, they are all reset to the default. Strangely enough, I can still see the settings in /opt/appdata/deluge/core.conf all in tact. I even ran chown -cR 1000:1000 /opt/appdata/deluge/ to no effect.

What is causing deluge to ignore my config after a whole system reboot?

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Does your conatiner have parameters set?
If this is the case, then that could be the reason.
What are you current containers params?

ogtimmiller

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
I never changed parameters on the container for deluge from their defaults. I either modified the deluge app settings by manually editing core.conf or from inside the web UI.

That being said, please find attached my container details.

Attachments

turner123

Experienced
Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Im the same since updated to 8.1.? dont even need to reboot just logout of gui and and all settings and plugins enabled all gone again, so makes it pretty useless at present.

Jan 22, 2019
I just started messing with plexguide and this was driving me nuts. I uninstalled/reinstalled and as of now it is retaining my settings. Fingers crossed!

introvertmouse

Experienced+
Apr 1, 2018
I am having the same issue

Methoxy

Experienced
Jan 5, 2019
All I know that I did to get it to work was

Uninstall deluge
Install deluge VPN
Uninstall DelugeVPN
Install deluge

I think you just get lucky sometimes.

After your installs, change the settings and logout. Open back up and see if they're there. If not uninstall.

Make sure your on the latest PG version

Reactions: 1 user

hawk2g

Active
May 2, 2018
I went back to binhex/arch-deluge instead of linuxserver/deluge because it used a different libtorrent version. Problems like ports and download paths were greyed out when connecting through the daemon but available on webui. other stuff like bandwidth limits and labels would reset back to default randomly

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending