delugeVPN cannot change default username/pass of container | PlexGuide.com

delugeVPN cannot change default username/pass of container

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ogtimmiller

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
I am trying to modify the package binhex/arch-delugevpn to include my NordVPN .ovpn file and username/password.

I placed my .ovpn file in /opt/appdata/deluge/openvpn/

If I run delugeVPN at this point, it will create a file in /opt/appdata/deluge/openvpn/ called credential.conf which contain two lines: vpnusername and vpnpass (these are the default values of the docker container delugeVPN). I attempt to modify these in portainer by clicking the duplicate/edit button and change the env variables to my correct values. I have to create a temporary container called deluge-new, remove the original delugeVPN container, and then change the name from deluge-new to deluge & restart. When I do this, delugeVPN seemingly doesn't read/write to supervisord.log or credentials.conf. I also cannot access the web ui through my subdomain through traefik.

Any help is appreciated.

M

MrDoob

Check the permissions.

chown -cR <user-name>:<user-name> /opt/appdata/deluge/
And try again

ogtimmiller

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
Works for me on 8.1.3 @plex_noob thanks!

Edit: One problem, I cannot get the vpn & deluge containers to start on boot like the core containers. I tried changing the restart policy in portioner to "when stopped", and the containers were in the stopped state after a reboot.

Last edited:

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
This is really strange. Did you keep the dependency between deluge and VPN. If yes then deluge should wait for VPN to start. But I don't understand why the vpn container does not start. I don't have any problem on my side. Did you check the log files?
dmesg
or
tail -n 200 /var/log/syslog

ogtimmiller

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
@plex_noob the VPN container autostarts on boot like it should, it was deluge that wasn't starting that got my attention. Maybe I need to wait for deluge's dependencies to be satisfied before manually starting the container after a reboot. I will report back.

Methanoid

Experienced+
Nov 9, 2018
Can I suggest moving to THIS thread https://pgblitz.com/threads/delugevpn.2944/post-23067 where someone seems to have it working.. Maybe we will get lucky and the Community app gets fixed and a Wiki page updated (or even started!) so we can get this working. I would not want to torrent without a VPN!

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending