DelugeVPN /RTorrentVPN Not Reachable Remotely | PlexGuide.com

DelugeVPN /RTorrentVPN Not Reachable Remotely

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

everdoot

Noobz
Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
I'm trying to access DelugeVPN via the reverse proxy through Traefik by the subdomain pattern of delugevpn.domain.host, however it will try to load for ~30 seconds before returning "Gateway timeout". It does the same for RuTorrentVPN. I see that both of the applications are connecting to PIA successfully and get assigned a proper external IP, and applications such as Radarr and Sonarr can establish a connection (however, it doesn't successfully add since Deluge doesn't have the Label plugin and other required plugins).

Other applications like Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, etc. work under the reverse proxy, it just seems to be the Deluge/RTorrent behind the VPN that I can't access remotely. The server I'm using is hosted remotely and I don't have physical access to the server. Is there a way I could create some kind of tunnel to be able to get into the WebUI of Deluge/RTorrent remotely to set the clients up?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
the vpn piece was written by @Deiteq and needs some love. i haven't focused on it because it's another learning curve; but will down the road :D i do apolgize :D project is quite big.

tryax

Noobz
Jun 19, 2018
I'm having the same issue as @everdoot. The container logs show what appears to be a normal startup until it loops through this cycle forever:

Code:
DEBG 'start-script' stdout output
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2x
[warn] Exit code 7 from curl !=
[info] ## retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...
Hoping we can get some assistance from Deiteq.

Thanks!

drake

Citizen+
Sep 5, 2018
I am just deploying Plexguide ona VPS and at the moment I only have problems with DelugeVPN. Everything else works. It looks like the same problem described. Can't reach Deluge UI over IP, subdomain, or SSH tunnel. Just Gateaway Timeout. In logs it looks to me that everything starts correctly. I do have to modprobe iptable_mangle before starting the container but then iptable rules are correctly applied. It looks that PIA connects fine. I from phone now, but can provide logs by evening.
Would be great to see it working, I am here to test if needed.
Sonarr, Portainer, etc works perfectly, just as Deluge (without VPN).

Daveid

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Jun 22, 2018
FIXED (for me at least)
Redeploy your Traefik to v1.6 using the tag "latest" like so
1536965478969.png
IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't do this from portainer.domain.tld! Use portainer from IP-ADDRESS:9000 or else Traefik will fail to redeploy!!
1536965581966.png1536965565768.png

barryclamsworth

Governer
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
So when you look at that third screenshot you see Duplicate/Edit on the right?

That is what you want to click.

In the screen that comes up change the Image Config to be the same as the first screen shot.

After you deploy (down the bottom - Big Blue Button "Deploy the Container" ) you want to then view the container and down the bottom under connected networks select the plexguide network and join your container to this.

If you want to check that you are using traefik:latest click on the inspect button under status and turn down the Config arrow and you'll be able to see your image.

Just be warned every now and then traefik might update to something that breaks the plexguide config and that is why it is set to 1.7 forcibly.

Reactions: 2 users

rafgeekee

Noobz
Sep 12, 2018
I typed in the image:
traefik:1.6 and that also worked. Thanks for this info.
Anything else you did? I tried the same and still receiving "Response code 000 from curl != 2xx" messages. Unable to connect to UI :(

EDIT: I have discovered, regardless of selected country, Netherlands opvn is copied over :/ not sure if this is a cause of the issue.

I selected Germany but when container boots, I get this message:

Bash:
2018-09-17 23:12:45.664886 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/netherlands.ovpn,
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/netherlands.ovpn to Unix format...,
2018-09-17 23:12:45.831102 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote nl.privateinternetaccess.com 1198',
2018-09-17 23:12:46.044824 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '1198'
Any Ideas?

Last edited:

Daveid

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Jun 22, 2018
Anything else you did? I tried the same and still receiving "Response code 000 from curl != 2xx" messages. Unable to connect to UI :(

EDIT: I have discovered, regardless of selected country, Netherlands opvn is copied over :/ not sure if this is a cause of the issue.

I selected Germany but when container boots, I get this message:

Bash:
2018-09-17 23:12:45.664886 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/netherlands.ovpn,
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/netherlands.ovpn to Unix format...,
2018-09-17 23:12:45.831102 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote nl.privateinternetaccess.com 1198',
2018-09-17 23:12:46.044824 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '1198'
Any Ideas?
If you delete any of the .ovpn files you don't want to use, it will automatically select any .ovpn you leave in there. Just cd or SFTP into this folder /opt/appdata/vpn/deluge/config/openvpn and remove/add the appropriate VPN configuration you want

S

subse7en

I'm trying to access DelugeVPN via the reverse proxy through Traefik by the subdomain pattern of delugevpn.domain.host, however it will try to load for ~30 seconds before returning "Gateway timeout". It does the same for RuTorrentVPN. I see that both of the applications are connecting to PIA successfully and get assigned a proper external IP, and applications such as Radarr and Sonarr can establish a connection (however, it doesn't successfully add since Deluge doesn't have the Label plugin and other required plugins).

Other applications like Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, etc. work under the reverse proxy, it just seems to be the Deluge/RTorrent behind the VPN that I can't access remotely. The server I'm using is hosted remotely and I don't have physical access to the server. Is there a way I could create some kind of tunnel to be able to get into the WebUI of Deluge/RTorrent remotely to set the clients up?

Thanks in advance.
Did you run ip_mangle?

Bash:
echo "iptable_mangle" | sudo tee /etc/modules-load.d/iptable_mangle.conf
echo "tun" | sudo tee /etc/modules-load.d/tun.conf
sudo reboot

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
again for the lastest, the vpn has been removed until it's rewritten. i apolgize, one of the team members who worked the vpn part is on an extended vacation :D

akshayogra

Citizen
Donor
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
again for the lastest, the vpn has been removed until it's rewritten. i apolgize, one of the team members who worked the vpn part is on an extended vacation :D
Hey - any update on this? I got a bunch of DMCA notices so keen to set up a vpn for deluge!

haagsemark

Experienced
Staff
Donor
Sep 23, 2018
any updates on this?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018