DelugeVPN | PlexGuide.com

DelugeVPN

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

molesza

Active
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
Hi

I have everything running very nicely and am very impressed with the ease of use of the plexguide script.

Unfortunately I am failing in one area. I am not sure how to setup the DelugeVPN client. I already had deluge setup when I tried to install the VPN client.

I did the following

1) Went to beta menu in plexguide
2) installed "VPN Torrent - New Way" providing PIA username and password
3) As per Wiki I tried to access using http://"mydomain":8112

It timesout and does not display a page. Is there something else I need to do? I am only subscribed to one private tracker and want to hit the public trackers.

Thanks

J3n50m4t

Citizen+
Staff
Feb 4, 2018
As you didn't mention in your Steps:
Did you hit the "First click here to setup var files" in the VPN Menu?
Asking because it worked on my local machine / I got no timeout

EDIT:
Tried it on a machine without a docker.. Tried again with a VM and got timeout to. have to look into. @Admin9705

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Same here, will have a look later as I have the same container running perfectly elsewhere.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
So team, looking at the wiki for deluge without; are there any recommendations? I never use torrents so don’t know

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Hi

I have everything running very nicely and am very impressed with the ease of use of the plexguide script.

Unfortunately I am failing in one area. I am not sure how to setup the DelugeVPN client. I already had deluge setup when I tried to install the VPN client.

I did the following

1) Went to beta menu in plexguide
2) installed "VPN Torrent - New Way" providing PIA username and password
3) As per Wiki I tried to access using http://"mydomain":8112

It timesout and does not display a page. Is there something else I need to do? I am only subscribed to one private tracker and want to hit the public trackers.

Thanks
Hey, sorry for the delay.

I just tried it to and you are right, it's not working but delugevpn.domain.com does work, have you tried that way?
You will need to add delugevpn to your domain hosts subdomain list though, but you can change the traefik host details in portainer by clicking on Duplicate/Edit button in Delugevpn's container to change it to deluge if you don't want to type delugevpn each time.
Below are examples of changing Sonarr's traefik host:-
View attachment 121
View attachment 122

We will try to see if we can fix it, but part of the reason it's in Beta as it's not fully working and we need torrent expert testers like yourselves to help iron out these niggles...so thank you for opening this thread!;)

Reactions: 1 user

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Actually, I think the problem is that it's behind a vpn, that's why it never worked remotely until we implemented nginx, then stopped working when we got rid of nginx.....so that's why they went back into the beta menus!
Sorry guys....you will need to go via the subdomain route!:confused:

molesza

Active
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
Hey, sorry for the delay.

I just tried it to and you are right, it's not working but delugevpn.domain.com does work, have you tried that way?
You will need to add delugevpn to your domain hosts subdomain list though, but you can change the traefik host details in portainer by clicking on Duplicate/Edit button in Delugevpn's container to change it to deluge if you don't want to type delugevpn each time.
Below are examples of changing Sonarr's traefik host:-
View attachment 121
View attachment 122

We will try to see if we can fix it, but part of the reason it's in Beta as it's not fully working and we need torrent expert testers like yourselves to help iron out these niggles...so thank you for opening this thread!;)
I came back later without changing a thing and delugevpn.mydomain.host worked and can confirm it is going through the vpn. Thanks. Interested to know if anyone has some tweaks within deluge to optimize for speed of downloads.

Reactions: 1 user

Drobo10

Experienced
Jan 17, 2018
As you didn't mention in your Steps:
Did you hit the "First click here to setup var files" in the VPN Menu?
Asking because it worked on my local machine / I got no timeout

EDIT:
Tried it on a machine without a docker.. Tried again with a VM and got timeout to. have to look into. @Admin9705
Have you had any luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending