[Dev] Traktastic - Automated Recommendations Libaries for all Users | PlexGuide.com

[Dev] Traktastic - Automated Recommendations Libaries for all Users

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

H1f0x

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 1, 2019
Hi all,

I developed something new. A lot of my friends asked me if it's possible to get some useful recommendations directly in in Plex - so i came up with this idea!

First, things first - this is no Docker image so far, it's a standalone framework which is working on its own currently. To test it with PGBlitz, you need to download and execute it within the Plex docker container, or define a library place where the docker image can read it!

Github: https://github.com/h1f0x/Traktastic

Information:
A Python framework to map several Plex users to individual Trakt.tv profiles. In addition, user-specific Plex libraries can be created with recommendations based on Trakt.tv data.

Features of Traktastic:

• Link different Plex users to their own Trakt.tv profiles
  • Update the "watched history" for single or all users
  • Receive recommendations for individual or all users (TV series and movies)
  • Configure filters for the desired recommendations, while TV series or films that do not meet the criteria are automatically dismissed and new ones are loaded
  • Based on the recommendations, create new Plex Libraries for the respective users, whereby existing content is linked to a user-specific directory by means of symlinking in order to save space
  • Create and share the libraries directly on your Plex Server and share them with the corresponding user automatically
In development:

• Cronjob Administration
  • Sonarr/Radarr API

Instructions can be found on Github. I would be very happy to get some feedback to it! If you have questions, just ask!

Cheers
H1f0x

Reactions: 4 users

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending