digital ocean | PlexGuide.com

digital ocean

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

granularfishy

Citizen
Original poster
Sponsor
Donor
May 5, 2018
Hi,

I am running on a VPS on Digital Ocean (I am in Singapore and hence wanted a local DC) - just wondering if I would to increase the size of my Droplet which today is at 2vcpu, 4GB/25GB) and has been working perfectly well for 1080p content to an bigger optimised Droplet, would Portainer and the 7 containers I am running today keep running "as is" or would a reinstall be required? If restart then how etc, please?

Sorry bit of a noob here but trying to catch up as fast as I can! Keep up the awesome work !!

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Your fine, that's what we are here for. I haven't used digital ocean, but like other cloud products; when you increase or decrease your resource; most likely it's a RESTART of your machine that's required; not an entire reinstall. Is that what you are asking?

granularfishy

Citizen
Original poster
Sponsor
Donor
May 5, 2018
yes, thus in theory i could increase the droplet size without any changes required within plexguide? that's the ask

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
That's correct!

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
When I did the same on Hetzner Cloud I had about 5 mins of down time while it rescaled.

granularfishy

Citizen
Original poster
Sponsor
Donor
May 5, 2018
just resized the Droplet - plex came back within a few minutes. Can close this topic

Thanks all

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending