Discussion - DISABLED ACCOUNT (g drive) | PlexGuide.com

Discussion DISABLED ACCOUNT (g drive)

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
My EDU account was disabled yesterday to after 3 years of usage from ebay.
next steps?... what are you going to do to mitigate this in future.
did you have backup of files?
how much data?

loa92

Active
Donor
Aug 31, 2018
Would this be less likely had i had my files encrypted?
I don't see how it could...my files were UNencrypted yet even if they had been the files would surely be held inside clear text (and very obvious) folder names so....
RClone has an option that encrypts the file names and folder names. The highest level folders "Movies" would still be labeled "Movies" but anything below that would be encrypted nonsense to anyone snooping. We asked @Admin9705 to consider allowing us to change the highest level folder names, just to avoid this.

Also, with EDU accounts, the person or organization that held the account can see into your storage, so encryption again would have been advised.

Reactions: 1 user

Dexxa

Experienced+
Staff
Apr 18, 2018
next steps?... what are you going to do to mitigate this in future.
did you have backup of files?
how much data?
I lost just over 10 TB in data, I signed up for another Gdrive account but not a edu this time, a shared team drive, The strange thing was i had a feeling this was going to happen and brought some Hard drives and turned my leptop into a nas system using open media vault and backup all the data, But before i could start boom there goes my gdrive, Now im uploading to this shared team drive i brought for £1.20 and he setup it up in minutes after order and also backing up to my own hard drives as well, so if google ban me again i havent made the mistake and losing it all again lol.

My projector is missing the movies lol

something

Experienced+
Feb 15, 2018
I lost just over 10 TB in data, I signed up for another Gdrive account but not a edu this time, a shared team drive, The strange thing was i had a feeling this was going to happen and brought some Hard drives and turned my leptop into a nas system using open media vault and backup all the data, But before i could start boom there goes my gdrive, Now im uploading to this shared team drive i brought for £1.20 and he setup it up in minutes after order and also backing up to my own hard drives as well, so if google ban me again i havent made the mistake and losing it all again lol.

My projector is missing the movies lol
Believe me... having unlimited storage for 10-15 dollars a month without worrying about anyone snooping your data is GOLD. I highly advise buying the gsuite account. I have also been backing up my personal photos to google photos - I would not do that with an ebay account.

• Money
Reactions: 1 users

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
Believe me... having unlimited storage for 10-15 dollars a month without worrying about anyone snooping your data is GOLD. I highly advise buying the gsuite account. I have also been backing up my personal photos to google photos - I would not do that with an ebay account.
great point at the end there, BUT i'd never mix media (whether i owned every single version in hardcopy or not) and photos of myself.
Maybe i'm too paranoid?

who said that

murkr

Experienced
Donor
Nov 5, 2018
great point at the end there, BUT i'd never mix media (whether i owned every single version in hardcopy or not) and photos of myself.
Maybe i'm too paranoid?

who said that
Me neither, I would not put my own backup with an account that could be closed at any point.

Dexxa

Experienced+
Staff
Apr 18, 2018
I had a gsuite account for months, then one day they had problems taking money out of my bank and then they just closed it without trying to solve it, I do miss my gsuite and found out there was a problem with thier auto billing at the time there was no way to get my data back,

Things maybe on a steady for google drive at the moment, until one day they decide to start cracking down on it my data is stored on my own hard drives to,

I might consider buying another gsuite again one day but at the moment i'll stick to my hard drives

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ya i try to warn everyone not to use edu accounts or ebay. unless you own it 100%, there is a risk it can all be lost at anytime.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Replacing an ebay edu account with an ebay team drive account... that kind of sounds like an equally bad idea for obvious reasons - does someone who pays £1.20 for something and therefore nothing to loose really care about not sharing files? You also have P4S hunters who have organised to the point where they ask for/buy Plex shares and then report the accounts to Plex, this has been a thing for a while now.

Reactions: 2 users

Sorkca

Active
Donor
Nov 30, 2018
wth lol, just get a 8-12TB storage server like hetzner auction for 40-60eur a month, beter value and no messing with3rd party storagem that can dissapear at any moment and no warning. and who needs to keep more than 12TB at a time, exactly , no one. #Stophoarding lol

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
wth lol, just get a 8-12TB storage server like hetzner auction for 40-60eur a month, beter value and no messing with3rd party storagem that can dissapear at any moment and no warning. and who needs to keep more than 12TB at a time, exactly , no one. #Stophoarding lol
8-12TB? This probably isn't the project for you ;)

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
dP loves you because you just made his morning(thats why im easy......easy like sunday morning).

you're right of course....

But im a data hoarder and proud.
by the time i went down i had 100tb CURATED data (backedup twice-yes they got that too) by which i mean i was invloved in selection/checking/moving/curating my data so that all files wer ethe best(according to my profiles) and not dummies or damaged etc.
its actually what i enjoy doing in my spare time(f*ck friends.lol)

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
so i am back and bigger than ever.although my new data will be even larger i have gone the (SLIGHTLY) less laborious route of automating my radar more than before( where i would use it ONLY for new movies, once best quality reached, id move out of radar and simply add film to 'movie' folder).
i have found some lists (holy s*hit) one of which has 5000 films, the other 3000 (added together they double some films so combined total of individual original titles is approx 6500).
How long it will take gdrive to reach full is another matter (as is whether it survives that long without getting disabled).
i used to HATE radarrs folder structure and their unwillingness to implement pull#153 but until they do the lesser of two weevils is to have movies folder filled with folders(filled with individual films) so if it does get disabled again then at the very least my radar will just start again from scratch.

Some of the films are fucking shiiiiiiiiit though.
rocks and hard places.
(1st world problems.ha)

dP

• Haha

Dexxa

Experienced+
Staff
Apr 18, 2018
so i am back and bigger than ever.although my new data will be even larger i have gone the (SLIGHTLY) less laborious route of automating my radar more than before( where i would use it ONLY for new movies, once best quality reached, id move out of radar and simply add film to 'movie' folder).
i have found some lists (holy s*hit) one of which has 5000 films, the other 3000 (added together they double some films so combined total of individual original titles is approx 6500).
How long it will take gdrive to reach full is another matter (as is whether it survives that long without getting disabled).
i used to HATE radarrs folder structure and their unwillingness to implement pull#153 but until they do the lesser of two weevils is to have movies folder filled with folders(filled with individual films) so if it does get disabled again then at the very least my radar will just start again from scratch.

Some of the films are fucking shiiiiiiiiit though.
rocks and hard places.
(1st world problems.ha)

dP
I've been using radarr to download and for all this time ive been using it ive been adding films manually until today i got abit bored and found trakt to be added as a list and now its downloading all my stuff from trakt. Sweet! lol

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I've been using radarr to download and for all this time ive been using it ive been adding films manually until today i got abit bored and found trakt to be added as a list and now its downloading all my stuff from trakt. Sweet! lol
Best way to do it

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
yep.i gotta get me some trakt action!
seems the simplest way to redo movies after such a catastrophic loss of data.
dP

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
people..get your thinking caps on for me please:

the account used for my data was also the sign in for my duckdns (using google as the login method)..
As you can imagine once the account is disabled you cannot then login to your duckdns account to delete(and then reauthor) the tld.
and it lasts forever.
so, i cant get my tld back ("name in use already").

my best bet(please correct me) is to speak to the duckdns crew and ask them if they can delete it for me.
unless you have any better ideas do any of you know how i can contact them as their google group keeps saying "no permission to access this group" bollox and i cant find any toher way to contact them.

any ideas gladly appreciated.

dP

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
people..get your thinking caps on for me please:

the account used for my data was also the sign in for my duckdns (using google as the login method)..
As you can imagine once the account is disabled you cannot then login to your duckdns account to delete(and then reauthor) the tld.
and it lasts forever.
so, i cant get my tld back ("name in use already").

my best bet(please correct me) is to speak to the duckdns crew and ask them if they can delete it for me.
unless you have any better ideas do any of you know how i can contact them as their google group keeps saying "no permission to access this group" bollox and i cant find any toher way to contact them.

any ideas gladly appreciated.

dP
ps YES i'm a fucking idiot for using the same account as login for duckdns.
I'll not make that mistake twice
:)

hooper

Governer
Staff
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
for those that had their .edu accounts terminated by google - were you using rclone crypt?

DeadPool

Elite
Original poster
Staff
May 2, 2018
pertinent question.but i think with edu(ebay) accounts it doesnt matter (happy to stand corrected)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending